LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Who needs to be resigned first?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who needs to be resigned first?

davis so he can win back the fans he lost on this board.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

lol, nope.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

He will simply win them back starting week 1, the very moment he makes a catch or scores a TD.

Fans are fickle like that. Forget 8 years of good football, he held out for 3 days so f**k him...

They won't even remember this incident during the season. Bunch of drama queens.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 18, 2014 at 3:52 PM ]
Of that list Iupati. But Aldon Smith really.

Aldon Smith
Mike Iupati
Alex Boone.

Crab is gone. You just got to get over that. I think they will extend Harbaugh so you don't have to worry about that one either.
I'd have to say Crabtree, but I'm inclined to agree with SanDiego that it's a lost cause. Hey, we can agree on something!
crabs, a number 1 reciever is hard to find, and crabs been with us going on 6 years now and knows the offense very well.
Iupati is leaving

Aldon Smith should be the top priority
Then Crabs
Crabs? Really? What makes anyone think he won't demand #1 money as WR and want $10mil/yr minimum? I sure don't. I expect this to be Crabtree holdout #2. Hopefully he won't do it like Vernon, but after his contract yr, Crabs is adios. I just don't see baalke paying him top dollar as a WR, which is exactly what Crabs will want. Guys want to get paid and they just think they are worth more than everyone else does. Someone WILL pay crabs $10 + mil, but not us.
Jim Harbaugh

then Michael Crabtree.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
King Crab

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Crabs? Really? What makes anyone think he won't demand #1 money as WR and want $10mil/yr minimum? I sure don't. I expect this to be Crabtree holdout #2. Hopefully he won't do it like Vernon, but after his contract yr, Crabs is adios. I just don't see baalke paying him top dollar as a WR, which is exactly what Crabs will want. Guys want to get paid and they just think they are worth more than everyone else does. Someone WILL pay crabs $10 + mil, but not us.

Nobody will offer Crabs a 10mil per year contract based off what he has done so far.
Personally I think he wants to stay, I also think that he realizes that the time to show up is now.

Nobody on here doubts his talent, they doubt his consistency (injury, production)
If we win the SB, and crabs has a 100rec, 1200 yard, 10+td season I will still doubt he gets 10 a year.

That being said, if Crabs gets hurt again and has a mediocre season, he will probably leave because Baalke won't offer him a ridiculous contract that it will take to keep him here

On the other side, if he kills it then he probably will get the money he wants and we will sign him

Either way its a win-win for us
No question, Boone. Boone is young and can play RG and T and we're unsure about Looney or any other guard. Crabtree would be nice but we already have Stevie Johnson as a replacement and he's got a full year to learn (and proven).
You all are missing the point. Harbaugh is the glue that holds this ship together. We had several good players in the Singletary days too..
  • buck
  • Veteran
Does it make any difference who gets resigned first?

It matters who get resigned and it matters who does not get resigned.

But, I do not think getting resigned first makes any difference.

Does it?
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Jim Harbaugh

then Michael Crabtree.

I'll leave a flaming bag of dog doo on Baalke's porch if he re-signs Crabtree.
Share 49ersWebzone