There are 198 users in the forums

Who needs to be resigned first?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who needs to be resigned first?

• Chief
  • Veteran
Who do we need to extend and resign first?
Boone
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Crabtree!

Boone can wait a lil longer. so can Harbaugh. i see us letting Iupati walk. VD is already under a good contract.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Crabtree!

Boone can wait a lil longer. so can Harbaugh. i see us letting Iupati walk. VD is already under a good contract.

I'm with this, I think Crabtree was on the verge of establishing himself as a top 5 receiver before his injury.
In order:

Jim Harbaugh
Aldon Smith
Michael Crabtree
Alex Boone
Mike Iupati
Vernon Davis

Harbaugh is the top guy. I don't want another 8 year search for the right coach. He needs to be here for a long time.

Boone over Iupati. He's more durable, versatile, and should come at a cheaper price than Iupati. He is also legitimately underpaid.

I put Davis last because he is already paid fairly and has 2 years left on his deal. The others are a bigger priority right now.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM ]
Crabtree.
The only one with urgency is Crabtree. But he probably thinks he's worth more than he really is. So it's a toss up.

Harbaugh should probably be next on the list in terms of urgency.

Alex Boone is easily replaceable.... AND he has two years on his contract. So he can go f**k himself.

VD is already well paid. If he isn't happy with a modest extension then he can go f**k himself too.

Aldon is super valuable, but with the 5th year option we have time to let him prove he can stay out of trouble. No urgency here.

Honestly, I think we are done with major contract changes till at least mid-season.
Crabtree is the first priority. Boldin's got 1 or 2 good years left probably and Stevie Johnson probably is not the best #1 option for the future. Crabtree, when healthy, is a near-elite talent and has good chemistry with Kaep. Find a way to keep him here. Harbs is also important for obvious reasons
actually...all of them can be signed at the same time
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
actually...all of them can be signed at the same time

thanks Kapbama!

Other than Harbaugh, Iupati should be priority #1 IMO.

I'd say Aldon, but he has 2 more years & they'll tag him if he doesn't re-sign. So essentially he'll be around for the next 4 years unless he's traded or gets alcohol poisoning and dies.
Michael Crabtree
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Jimmy Harbaugh
Aldon Smith
Mike Iupati
Alex Boone

i'm not against trading VD or Crabby Patty...both are prima donnas and can be replaced - their demands are too high
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Chico:
Jimmy Harbaugh
Aldon Smith
Mike Iupati
Alex Boone

i'm not against trading VD or Crabby Patty...both are prima donnas and can be replaced - their demands are too high

what are Crabtree's demands?
Harbaugh then Boone, easy. Vernon earns plenty.

Iupati is too pricy. Crabtree is probably going to test FA to get a huge contract.
Share 49ersWebzone