There are 197 users in the forums

Trade VD

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Trade VD

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
trade him for Andre Johnson straight up.

That would be a terrible trade considering Andre Johnson has next to zero trade value right now, and Davis has a ton.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Can't believe this thread still has life

i can not believe all of the people who have turned on vernon. we do eat our own(well some of us anyway)
Originally posted by cciowa:

i can not believe all of the people who have turned on vernon. we do eat our own(well some of us anyway)

We haven't turned on VD. He's the one who has turned on us. We have no problem with paying him a massive contract ext, we have the problem of him not showing up to camp when it's voluntary. Needs to get in camp now. He has always been taking care of contract wise he doesn't have to pull this in order for the niners to pay him. He's been worth every penny he's gotten, but this just shows no trust in the 49ers.

Vernon chose Fantex over football. Not sure what you mean by "our own", I don't own any of his stock.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

We haven't turned on VD. He's the one who has turned on us. We have no problem with paying him a massive contract ext, we have the problem of him not showing up to camp when it's voluntary. Needs to get in camp now. He has always been taking care of contract wise he doesn't have to pull this in order for the niners to pay him. He's been worth every penny he's gotten, but this just shows no trust in the 49ers.
i am sorry but a vast majority of posts about vernon seem to indicate different. i to am upset he is not honoring his contract but that does not mean all of the things people are saying about him are true such as,, he is soft, he is out of shape blah blah,, and then when it escalates into,,, trade him and make jon baldwin a tight end,,, I am sorry but I sense the fan base has turned on him simply because he is holding out and wants more money,, jerry rice did the same thing, it happens, so what, deal with it. he will be in uniform vs the cowboys because despite what some think, he will be there when the team needs him. if not then fine, we can have a different conversation
Trade him to Jax Miami or Indy for picks..

He needs to go
Who ever voted yes... Go stand in the corner and rethink your life...
Trade him for a Lombardi or no.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
trade him for Andre Johnson straight up.

I'm not personally a fan of VD's approach, but trading him would be a massive mistake. Who's going to start in his place...Vance? He still apparently hasn't figured out how to catch.

If he doesn't want to play then what? He chose Fantex as some are saying. I rather get something for him but I doubt we do with his involvement with Fantex. Screw him if he doesn't want to go to mandatory camp. He already got paid big time and wants more?! Screw that.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by dugo:
I like Vernon.. so he's holding out for more cash and a little security ,thats not a stupid move ..How much more football does he have left at a high production..3-5 years max. Let him try to get paid,,,I mean its not like any of us are paying him so why even sweat whats going down..
The FO is holding all the chips anyway and they're not going to let him go ..bottom line is he's signed already and they'll decide whether to pay/extend him.. I don't get why people are are trippin on him trying to get a raise. And for the record ANYBODY can be traded for any reason at the right price....

I actually think its more than he just wants more money and security. He said he wants to be paid what he is worth. Didn't mention an extension, so that's not looking for security. Paid what he's worth? The biggest TE contract in NFL history? Think he is getting paid what he is worth. So what's the issue? Its his "brand" which I think translates to Fantex. They don't make more money off him, unless he makes more money. His "stock" won't go up, unless he makes more money than expected. That is why he is holding out now. I think this sends a very clear message that Vernon works for Fantex now. He is making decisions based on that and putting that before football. Next thing will be him short arming passes because it won't be in his brand's best interest to risk injury.
I didn't know all that mess..I had heard something about "his brand" but didn't really pay attention to it to much..and if thats the case the FO should handle it harshly..
Originally posted by luis1985:
If he doesn't want to play then what? He chose Fantex as some are saying. I rather get something for him but I doubt we do with his involvement with Fantex. Screw him if he doesn't want to go to mandatory camp. He already got paid big time and wants more?! Screw that.

Yeah but Fantex doesn't do him any good unless he does well and increases his stock value...unless he is intentionally blowing his stock price to avoid paying back his investors
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
VD is turning diva.
This is a year too early.
Share 49ersWebzone