LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Trade VD

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Trade VD

Why? Unless we can get a first from a bottom feeder. We own VD the next three years
I'd trade him for a burner who could stretch the field unless we're willing to run 4 WR sets with Ellington to keep the safeties honest.
Somebody said in the Vernon Davis thread yesterday that the 9ers would take a $4 million cap hit if they traded him. If that is correct, then that makes much more unlikely that they will trade him - unless some team is willing to offer multiple high draft picks, which doesn't seem likely to happen. So, no.
The exact guy we need on the team to replace Vernon Davis is...............Vernon Davis. Short of a healthy Gronk or Graham, Davis is the guy we need. Agents give bad advice....often.
Trade him even if Blaake
if we win the superbowl this year, i say go ahead, need him for a SB run tho
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
if we win the superbowl this year, i say go ahead, need him for a SB run tho

It wont matter if he's going to play the season thinking about money. I'd rather have a serviceable TE in there who's fully focused, instead of worrying about his damn stock value!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Not going to be traded and not going to be paid big money either. Maybe the Niners throw him a bone and give him a 2-3 year deal with a little bump in pay, but nothing more than that.

I'm hoping he can retire as a Niner the way frank looks to be doing. I think eventually the 49ers will come to an agreement about extending him. Harbaugh really likes his tight ends in this offense, and I'm sure the front office will accommodate him on VD.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Why? Unless we can get a first from a bottom feeder. We own VD the next three years

Yep. and from a draft point of view, I'm sure our scouts will be looking hard at that position this upcoming college season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Vernon is f**king up, he should be doing this next year.

Buy high trade low? https://fantex.com/fantex-vernon-davis-215595
[ Edited by 16to87 on Jun 18, 2014 at 8:21 AM ]
Vernon sees the writing on the wall, the 49ers have many options in the passing game. His numbers will be down and he won't get as many passes thrown his way. The major point is he's under contract for two years, he's not going anywhere. As soon as the season starts I don't see him sitting out and missing paychecks.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:

Buy high trade low? https://fantex.com/fantex-vernon-davis-215595

from the link, it looks like more want to sell than buy his shares at the moment. So clearly he's getting bad advice from somewhere.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Vernon sees the writing on the wall, the 49ers have many options in the passing game. His numbers will be down and he won't get as many passes thrown his way. The major point is he's under contract for two years, he's not going anywhere. As soon as the season starts I don't see him sitting out and missing paychecks.

Yeah, but he's a TE in a tight end centered offense. Everything in this offense revolves around the TE. He should have just had a private talk with Baalke and settled it out away from the media - this stuff is hurting, not helping, his so called brand and stock. From what I gather, all he wants is an extension, not more money. If so, I think the 49ers and him can get something on paper to deal with it. Now, it's going to be totally different if he wants *more* money. As many have said, he's 30, and his production will drop because of the new pass receivers and offensive weapons that have been recently added to the team.
Originally posted by English:
Everything is for sale. It depends on the price, though.

This.

It won't happen.
Share 49ersWebzone