LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Trade VD

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Trade VD

Just have VD play out his contract. If he plays well then extend him next year.
lol @ the "i'd take anything for him at this point" crowd. 3 months from now you'll be cheering him on and he glides into the end zone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
lol @ the "i'd take anything for him at this point" crowd. 3 months from now you'll be cheering him on and he glides into the end zone.

and if we did let him go and he started to glide into the end zone for other people while we have vance struggling to catch a cold,,,, you know damn well what those people who wanted vernon gone would be saying
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:

this makes good sense. if he gets pissed about , stats to dog it then you have a different conversation
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
This is a year too early.

Agree

Exactly. How quick we forget.
the funny thing is we all know how this is going to go. he'll show up at training camp once he realizes hes being fined like 30K per day. he already threw away 200K and he is not going to let additional money slip away each day. we'll start to think about negotiating with him when he shows up to camp. whats he going to do hold out and not make money? we all know that isnt happening.
LOL, ummm, how about no? Its amazing that this thread is up to 10 pages.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by English:
This is a year too early.

Agree

Yeap. They'll extend him next summer and let Crabs go. Not a big deal.

Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Trade him, seriously? Why because he wants a bigger contract? Because he hasn't come to a mini camp.... in June? VD still has two yrs on his current deal and what do you honestly think SF would get for him? Team's aren't going to trade for a 30 yr old TE that is already the 3rd highest paid TE and is looking for a raise lol. He would be crazy to sit out regular season games and lose $500,000 dollar game checks...let's be real people, he is on SF for at least the next 2 years and he is just trying to get more cash like many other players.

all those reasons is why we should

who plays tight end then as well as vernon did for us?
the next man up
Well said 49. I also think Vance will surprise a lot of people this year with or with out Vernon. The truth is that we don't really know what 31 other teams might do. I never thought we'd get what we did for Alex.
Teams don't trade for players that are holding out for more money, let alone a player that is 30 and is already being paid top 3 money. He is still on the payroll for 2 yrs and isn't going anywhere... it would be a financial mistake to trade him for peanuts (because that is what we would get). I mean what do you realistically believe we could get for him??

As far as next man up all I've heard about Vance is how many dropped passes he has had this off season lol. He isn't half as good at catching or blocking as VD.
Teams don't trade for players that are holding out for more money, let alone a player that is 30 and is already being paid top 3 money. He is still on the payroll for 2 yrs and isn't going anywhere... it would be a financial mistake to trade him for peanuts (because that is what we would get). I mean what do you realistically believe we could get for him??

As far as next man up all I've heard about Vance is how many dropped passes he has had this off season lol. He isn't half as good at catching or blocking as VD.

i think a number of people think he is a good player so you get a good pick for him. when reality shows that is pretty rare. all you need to look at is our trades for boldin and johnson.
Originally posted by Wrathman:

This will probably happen...he will be at camp and play this season and we will win the super bowl. That is all.

i think a number of people think he is a good player so you get a good pick for him. when reality shows that is pretty rare. all you need to look at is our trades for boldin and johnson.
Exactly , yes he is a good TE, but he isn't young and is the 3rd highest paid TE already... plus what teams hate the most is, if they are trading for him they will have to setup a new/larger contract. No team wants to give draft picks/players for a older player that wants more cash.
Trade him to Indy for a 1st , 4th and Coby Fleener
Share 49ersWebzone