There are 240 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which 49ers player are you still upset with for signing elsewhere?

Wesley Walls. Niner killer and was the heir to Brent Jones.
Charles Haley
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,265
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Charles Haley

but he came back and retired as a niner so i was able to love him again
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Tim rattay


Ty Detmer, we should have never traded him to Cleveland
Ed McCaffrey
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
How does a team get back to the SB after losing it's Offensive and Defensive MVP's in the off season.

I think the biggest loss in the off season after 1994, was shanahan to Denver. Trestman screwed up our offensive profile and we became too pass heavy.

I rank 1994 losses as

1- shanahan
2- Deion
3- Watters

Loville while not as good as Watters put up similar production 1400 total yards 13 tds vs Ricky's 1600 total and 11 tds. We had no real replacement for Deion and have been chasing an elite cb ever since. I hated what trestman turned the offense into, went from almost 50/50 balance to an almost run n shoot balance of 60% pass.

Spot on. Man, we lost some incredible coaches over the years.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wesley Walls. Niner killer and was the heir to Brent Jones.

That was my number two. I'm glad you brought him up. I remember when they drafted the Greg Clark because he LOOKED like Brent Jones, but Walls actually PLAYED like Jones. He left in the expansion draft, which was right about the time things started to go wrong for the 49ers' personnel department.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
we weren't in any big hurry to find adequate replacements for them either ...didn't we bring in Rodney Hampton and Johnny Johnson to solve our RB woes? ....didn't make sense , we tried to replace a swift pass catching RB with great moves, who was well schooled in the WCO ....with two Big injury prone RB's from smashmouth offenses??? ...I never understood why we didn't try to replace Watters with a RB with a similar skill set?? ...it wasn't until we landed Hearst and Garner that we finally had a respectable ground attack

Fine Santa Cruz product whom's best productive years were pain killer dependent. When the 49ers signed him, the guy could barely move.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
we weren't in any big hurry to find adequate replacements for them either ...didn't we bring in Rodney Hampton and Johnny Johnson to solve our RB woes? ....didn't make sense , we tried to replace a swift pass catching RB with great moves, who was well schooled in the WCO ....with two Big injury prone RB's from smashmouth offenses??? ...I never understood why we didn't try to replace Watters with a RB with a similar skill set?? ...it wasn't until we landed Hearst and Garner that we finally had a respectable ground attack

Fine Santa Cruz product whom's best productive years were pain killer dependent. When the 49ers signed him, the guy could barely move.

yup ...injury plagued season before we signed him, and low and behold, he wasn't available for us ...the coaching staff had big plans for him too , and they seemed dazed and very reluctant to at least "try" and find another quality RB to team with Loville ....Johnny would have helped if he was healthy
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
yup ...injury plagued season before we signed him, and low and behold, he wasn't available for us ...the coaching staff had big plans for him too , and they seemed dazed and very reluctant to at least "try" and find another quality RB to team with Loville ....Johnny would have helped if he was healthy

you know what's crazy? I detailed his car the year he signed with the 49ers. I worked at a car wash in the Santa Cruz area. I recognized him immediately, but also recognized he could barely walk into the lounge. When he came out to tip me, it was like watching one of those 80's movie slow-mo action scene's where the star is walking away from a nuclear explosion.

I remember telling my dad that night, "I don't think Johnson's going to be replacing Waters" and then explained what I saw.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
yup ...injury plagued season before we signed him, and low and behold, he wasn't available for us ...the coaching staff had big plans for him too , and they seemed dazed and very reluctant to at least "try" and find another quality RB to team with Loville ....Johnny would have helped if he was healthy

you know what's crazy? I detailed his car the year he signed with the 49ers. I worked at a car wash in the Santa Cruz area. I recognized him immediately, but also recognized he could barely walk into the lounge. When he came out to tip me, it was like watching one of those 80's movie slow-mo action scene's where the star is walking away from a nuclear explosion.

I remember telling my dad that night, "I don't think Johnson's going to be replacing Waters" and then explained what I saw.
that was nice of you to wait for him to barely walk to you
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
yup ...injury plagued season before we signed him, and low and behold, he wasn't available for us ...the coaching staff had big plans for him too , and they seemed dazed and very reluctant to at least "try" and find another quality RB to team with Loville ....Johnny would have helped if he was healthy

you know what's crazy? I detailed his car the year he signed with the 49ers. I worked at a car wash in the Santa Cruz area. I recognized him immediately, but also recognized he could barely walk into the lounge. When he came out to tip me, it was like watching one of those 80's movie slow-mo action scene's where the star is walking away from a nuclear explosion.

I remember telling my dad that night, "I don't think Johnson's going to be replacing Waters" and then explained what I saw.

I Wince when I see some of the former Vikings around town in the twin cities, a lot of them are in obvious pain and struggling to get around ..sad to see former nfl players struggling after battling on the field for our amusement for many years
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
that was nice of you to wait for him to barely walk to you

????? dude????? way to look for the absolute negative where none exists!!!!!!

If it makes you feel better, WE ALL, ran to doorway and walked our customers to their car... You know, WAYS to enhance your TIP. I could write down the entire protocol of how to detail, greet your customer, and WALK THEM TO THEIR CAR procedure; we ALL HAD TO DO to KEEP OUR JOBS. But I didn't find it to be germane to the point.

How's that soap box and how many people have you helped today, finding their way around a complex environment? I'm working on number 10 and I have an OFFICE JOB.
Prime and Ricky Watters for me.

We keep those two we win 2 more SBs in the 90s
if this is about players signing elsewhere and it pissing you off then charles haley cant be included as he was traded, just sayin