There are 203 users in the forums

George Seifert ... Its about time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
I still can't believe it's been 20 years since Super Bowl 29. Man how time flies.

Well we did have a superbowl appearance in 2012 - fwiw.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I still can't believe it's been 20 years since Super Bowl 29. Man how time flies.

Well we did have a superbowl appearance in 2012 - fwiw.

And I enjoyed/appreciated everything but the outcome, but I still can't believe it's Already been 20 years since that particular 1994 team. I just remember how the "arms" race was against the dynasty Dallas team. Those's were just different level teams(like most of the pre cap title teams) IMO.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
It's crazy how a lot of big/memorable (good & bad) thing happen to the niners in years that ended in either "4" or "9".

1979 - get walsh
1984 - best walsh team
1989 - Super Bowl xxiv
1994 - Super Bowl xxix
1999 - end of dynasty
2004 - expansion level roster

So we have a lot of anniversaries on years that end in "4" or "9".....so I think it's pretty obvious what's gonna happen in Super Bowl 49 It's in the numbers

I have disorders, too I like how you looked at it that way.
Originally posted by LVJay:

I realize it just dumb coincidence, but it was weird how all those years had some memorable occurrence.
George should be carried off the field after the ceremony is over
Congrats to Seifert
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
And I enjoyed/appreciated everything but the outcome, but I still can't believe it's Already been 20 years since that particular 1994 team. I just remember how the "arms" race was against the dynasty Dallas team. Those's were just different level teams(like most of the pre cap title teams) IMO.

I think it took this organization 20+ years to recover from the NFL basically getting rid of Eddie. First with the salary cap rule, and then barring eddie from owning an nfl team. *In my opinion*, if not for the cap, eddie would not have felt it necessary to generate money via gambling. Eddie would not have gotten in trouble and we'd probably have had another 3 or 4 super bowls. The NFL did a job on this franchise and it's taken a long time to overcome it. Now this organization will move much more cautiously to keep its Advantages, and I see this next decade another decade of 49er excellence.
It's crazy how a lot of big/memorable (good & bad) thing happen to the niners in years that ended in either "4" or "9".

1979 - get walsh
1984 - best walsh team
1989 - Super Bowl xxiv
1994 - Super Bowl xxix
1999 - end of dynasty

So we have a lot of anniversaries on years that end in "4" or "9".....so I think it's pretty obvious what's gonna happen in Super Bowl 49 It's in the numbers

Yeah but sb49 is not a date/year
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

1979 - get walsh
1984 - best walsh team
1989 - Super Bowl xxiv
1994 - Super Bowl xxix
1999 - end of dynasty

How about 2014?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

1979 - get walsh
1984 - best walsh team
1989 - Super Bowl xxiv
1994 - Super Bowl xxix
1999 - end of dynasty

How about 2014?

1979 - get walsh
1984 - best walsh team
1989 - Super Bowl xxiv
1994 - Super Bowl xxix
1999 - end of dynasty

How about 2014?

I apologize for bringing crazy in... But it is the 2014 season so the year ending in a 4 fits, it's just weird that it happens to be Super Bowl 49.

Honestly i started noticing this when I realized how many anniversaries we have this upcoming season ('84,'89 and '94) that got me on the crazy path and then I just found it interesting the amount of franchise shaping stuff that occurred in the aforementioned years.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jun 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think it took this organization 20+ years to recover from the NFL basically getting rid of Eddie. First with the salary cap rule, and then barring eddie from owning an nfl team. *In my opinion*, if not for the cap, eddie would not have felt it necessary to generate money via gambling. Eddie would not have gotten in trouble and we'd probably have had another 3 or 4 super bowls. The NFL did a job on this franchise and it's taken a long time to overcome it. Now this organization will move much more cautiously to keep its Advantages, and I see this next decade another decade of 49er excellence.

This is so true. I believe there is no way we would have went thru the 8 year drought. The initial impressions of dr. York really soured a lot of potential coaching candidates and we were basically settling for head coaches. The key moment in this franchise last decade was jed taking he lead and his recruitment of jim has set the resurgence in motion.

If eddie d was not banished I'm sure we land a top notch coach somewhere in that time from firing mooch and getting Harbs. In retrospect mooch should have never been fired if DEER was gonna be the replacement.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

1979 - get walsh
1984 - best walsh team
1989 - Super Bowl xxiv
1994 - Super Bowl xxix
1999 - end of dynasty

How about 2014?

I apologize for bringing crazy in... But it is the 2014 season so the year ending in a 4 fits, it's just weird that it happens to be Super Bowl 49.

Honestly i started noticing this when I realized how many anniversaries we have this upcoming season ('84,'89 and '94) that got me on the crazy path and then I just found it interesting the amount of franchise shaping stuff that occurred in the aforementioned years.

"it's all in the numbers"

12 and 13 doesn't fit in there, therefore, 13th man won't be deciding our games this year and the 12th turds have no prayer in hell...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I like how all you *perfect* minds think. (Or was the title "beautiful?") Anyway I just hope you all don't believe in any conspiracy theories like somehow the NSA is watching us this minute and reading our e-mails or something like that!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
This is so true. I believe there is no way we would have went thru the 8 year drought. The initial impressions of dr. York really soured a lot of potential coaching candidates and we were basically settling for head coaches. The key moment in this franchise last decade was jed taking he lead and his recruitment of jim has set the resurgence in motion.

If eddie d was not banished I'm sure we land a top notch coach somewhere in that time from firing mooch and getting Harbs. In retrospect mooch should have never been fired if DEER was gonna be the replacement.

Eddie had a knack of hiring good coaches. Walsh, Seifert and Mooch. No way in hell would he have hired Erickson and donahue. Eddie would have attracted some good coaches and GM ' S here had he been around instead of dr. York. But Jed has done a great job. He was able to get a new stadium whereas Eddie was only able to get it halfway there. He's off to a similar start like his uncle. His uncle got a superbowl appearance in around his 4th year of ownership, very similar - timewise - to Jed's super bowl appearance in 2012. Difference of course is eddie won his first super bowl and jed didn't.
Share 49ersWebzone