LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

After the Kap signing, a look towards the future.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crake49:
On Vernon and Boone, it's like opposites. Boone is severely underpaid and really needs a raise badly. Vernon? Vernon is not only the third highest paid TE in the league but he's on the back end of a huge contract that paid big money up front. It's just not right for him to be playing this game at this time.

Vernon lacks a sense of timing. You can see it on the field with the way he jumps for every catch, you can see it in his interviews, and now with the whole "brand" thing. He's a half-step out of sync from everyone else.

He would be a horrible rapper.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jun 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM ]
Glad to see a clean Marvin thread. Good post too. Makes me want the season to start!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
On Vernon and Boone, it's like opposites. Boone is severely underpaid and really needs a raise badly. Vernon? Vernon is not only the third highest paid TE in the league but he's on the back end of a huge contract that paid big money up front. It's just not right for him to be playing this game at this time.

Vernon lacks a sense of timing. You can see it on the field with the way he jumps for every catch, you can see it in his interviews, and now with the whole "brand" thing. He's a half-step out of sync from everyone else.

He would be a horrible rapper.

Which means he'd fit right in with the rest of 'em
I know it's the offseason but we're on reruns now? smdh
Marvin: 2) Gore/Hyde/Lattimore/Hunter/James: As they said on draft day, an embarrassment of riches. I predict Gore will slow down every year and he still puts up 1000. This year is different though. Not only might he be slowing down, but he's also in the last year of his contract. They need to find his replacement this year. The good news though is that they have a number of possible heirs. Lattimore should be healthy and we'll finally get to see if he can regain that pre injury form. Even pre injury he had an unorthodox running style. Carlos Hyde intrigues me. When I watch him, there are times he reminds me of Ricky Williams when he was at Texas (might be the size and the number). There are also times where I think he relies too much on his speed and getting the corner...and that won't happen in the NFL. Dunno. It'll be fun to watch tho. I've always liked Hunter, but I just dunno if he's the answer as the #1. I like James as well....but I think the writing might be on the wall there.

I think this is actually the year they begin to cut down on Gore's snaps. Baalke has obviously been planning for this eventuality. Gore is still one of the best blitz blockers in the league if not the best. I could easily imagine his role evolving to a third down/passing down back. On 1st and 2nd down, I could imagine a mix of either Lattimore or Hyde. They have different running styles. Lattimore kind of looks like Eric Dickerson to me the way he runs with a stand-up, flat-footed solid style. Hyde is faster than he seems but I agree that he's probably not fast enough to continue that running for the corner in the NFL. Both Lattimore and Hyde seem to have real good hands and both seem to be natural pass catchers, so we may actually begin seeing more of what so many of us have been looking for in running back routes.
Marvin: 2) Gore/Hyde/Lattimore/Hunter/James: As they said on draft day, an embarrassment of riches. I predict Gore will slow down every year and he still puts up 1000. This year is different though. Not only might he be slowing down, but he's also in the last year of his contract. They need to find his replacement this year. The good news though is that they have a number of possible heirs. Lattimore should be healthy and we'll finally get to see if he can regain that pre injury form. Even pre injury he had an unorthodox running style. Carlos Hyde intrigues me. When I watch him, there are times he reminds me of Ricky Williams when he was at Texas (might be the size and the number). There are also times where I think he relies too much on his speed and getting the corner...and that won't happen in the NFL. Dunno. It'll be fun to watch tho. I've always liked Hunter, but I just dunno if he's the answer as the #1. I like James as well....but I think the writing might be on the wall there.

I think this is actually the year they begin to cut down on Gore's snaps. Baalke has obviously been planning for this eventuality. Gore is still one of the best blitz blockers in the league if not the best. I could easily imagine his role evolving to a third down/passing down back. On 1st and 2nd down, I could imagine a mix of either Lattimore or Hyde. They have different running styles. Lattimore kind of looks like Eric Dickerson to me the way he runs with a stand-up, flat-footed solid style. Hyde is faster than he seems but I agree that he's probably not fast enough to continue that running for the corner in the NFL. Both Lattimore and Hyde seem to have real good hands and both seem to be natural pass catchers, so we may actually begin seeing more of what so many of us have been looking for in running back routes.

it's hard to replace Frank's pass blocking , we say every year how we are going to cut down on Frank's carries , but once the game gets heated, and the defense is bringing the heat, it's all too easy to leave frank in there being he is our best blocking RB , once the other backs are just as effective in the blocking schemes , the easing of franks workload will begin
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Jun 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM ]
Originally posted by swayze:

LOL. Nah, mods just separated the threads that weren't supposed to be merged.
3) Crabtree/Boldin/Johnson/Lloyd/Patton/Ellington: Jeez...ridiculous depth. That's a far cry from early last season where it was Boldin and.....um.....nobody. I think Crab, Boldin, and Johnson are pretty clear at #1, #2, and #3, so its really the competition between Lloyd, Patton, and Ellington that interests me. Barring an injury, I just can't see Lloyd making the team. I like Patton, but he doesn't have Ellingtons speed....and that is the one thing this receiving corps lacks.

Let's not forget Devon Wylie - he's a 4.3.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by swayze:

LOL. Nah, mods just separated the threads that weren't supposed to be merged.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think the locker room can handle a tree murderer much more easily than a guy who masturbates in their faces every day.

Seriously, which one would you rather deal with?

Depends. Does he finish?
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Jun 12, 2014 at 7:29 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone