There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick Thread (2014-15 Season)

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/06/11/what-colin-kaepernicks-complicated-new-deal-with-the-49ers-really-is-and-means-and-what-it-isnt-and-doesnt/

I lol'd at Kawakami. Such an idiot.

He's so obsessed with Aldon Smith that he can't get to his other stuff until long after it becomes old news.

He's secretly gay for Aldon. He wants what he can't have.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
But the great thing is the 49ers SIGNED Kap, and now other teams, like it or not, are basing their offers on what happened here...or at least in part. It was clever to do that before RW, Cam , Luck got re-signed. Better to set the trend than adhere to someone else's...and that is exactly what paraag and trent did. Way to go guys.

Very good point.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Quest4six.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/06/11/what-colin-kaepernicks-complicated-new-deal-with-the-49ers-really-is-and-means-and-what-it-isnt-and-doesnt/

I'm tempted to do this man a favor and email him that whatever advice he was given to become a blogger, he should ignore.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Read an article by Matt Macciaco (spelling?)
Where the talked about how Kaep didn't look very accurate during OTAs...
Then further on down the article he started blaiming WR's for dropping passes.

So which one was it? Anyone care to shed some light on this?

What article are you talking about?

If you need light shed on an article the least you could do is let us know what article you are talking about.

Is this the article:

OTAs: Rough day for 49ers passing game

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/otas-rough-day-49ers-passing-game

Originally posted by buck:

If you need light shed on an article the least you could do is let us know what article you are talking about.

Is this the article:

There it is!
Thanks Buck, I spent some time looking for it and by the time I checked back people had written it off because it was OTAs.

Thank you sir
  • buck
  • Veteran

Is this the article:

There it is!
Thanks Buck, I spent some time looking for it and by the time I checked back people had written it off because it was OTAs.

Thank you sir

Is this the article:

I read that article. Here is what it had to say about Kaepernick, the passing game, and the wide receivers.

Let's just say, the 49ers' passing game showed a lot of room for improvement during practice Tuesday afternoon.

Wide receivers Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree, Stevie Johnson and Quinton Patton did not take part in practice, though Crabtree, Johnson and Patton ran routes during warmups. Veteran Brandon Lloyd also saw limited time during the practice session.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick had a difficult time hooking up with the young wide receivers. His final throw during a two-minute drill was high and nowhere near the intended receiver, Chuck Jacobs, who may have zigged when Kaepernick expected him to zag. Cornerback Chris Cook dropped the would-be interception.

Even while practicing some red-zone throws with no defense, Kaepernick seemed to have difficulty competing throws to Crabtree, Patton and Johnson.

Kaepernick had some well-placed fade throws in the right back corner of the end zone, but his accuracy was not sharp on some short back-shoulder throws.

Tight end Derek Carrier got deep against safety D.J. Campbell and cornerback Darryl Morris to make a catch on an underthrown pass from Kaepernick down the right sideline.

Campbell had an interception when a high pass from Kaepernick deflected off the hands of tight end Vance McDonald. Later, Kaepernick had incompletions on back-to-back passes that sailed high and off the hands of Jacobs and McDonald.

Jacobs, who spent his rookie season on the practice squad, had a particularly difficult day with a handful of dropped passes.

The best play for the offense was on a red-zone drill when Kaepernick rolled right and found Devon Wylie, who had shaken free from Tramaine Brock�€™s coverage, for a touchdown. Brock lined up at left cornerback, while Chris Cook was at right cornerback with the No. 1 defense.

Rookie receiver Bruce Ellington, working in the slot against Morris, caught a 10-yard pass in the practice-ending two-minute drill.

That is pretty much what the article had to say.

I have read the article three times, and I just do not see any blame placed on the wide receivers.

Can you tell me where in the article the author places blame for Kaepernick's lack of accuracy on the wide receivers?

[ Edited by buck on Jun 11, 2014 at 9:38 PM ]
I read that article. Here is what it had to say about Kaepernick, the passing game, and the wide receivers.

Let's just say, the 49ers' passing game showed a lot of room for improvement during practice Tuesday afternoon.

Wide receivers Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree, Stevie Johnson and Quinton Patton did not take part in practice, though Crabtree, Johnson and Patton ran routes during warmups. Veteran Brandon Lloyd also saw limited time during the practice session.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick had a difficult time hooking up with the young wide receivers. His final throw during a two-minute drill was high and nowhere near the intended receiver, Chuck Jacobs, who may have zigged when Kaepernick expected him to zag. Cornerback Chris Cook dropped the would-be interception.

Even while practicing some red-zone throws with no defense, Kaepernick seemed to have difficulty competing throws to Crabtree, Patton and Johnson.

Kaepernick had some well-placed fade throws in the right back corner of the end zone, but his accuracy was not sharp on some short back-shoulder throws.

Tight end Derek Carrier got deep against safety D.J. Campbell and cornerback Darryl Morris to make a catch on an underthrown pass from Kaepernick down the right sideline.

Campbell had an interception when a high pass from Kaepernick deflected off the hands of tight end Vance McDonald. Later, Kaepernick had incompletions on back-to-back passes that sailed high and off the hands of Jacobs and McDonald.

Jacobs, who spent his rookie season on the practice squad, had a particularly difficult day with a handful of dropped passes.

The best play for the offense was on a red-zone drill when Kaepernick rolled right and found Devon Wylie, who had shaken free from Tramaine Brock�€™s coverage, for a touchdown. Brock lined up at left cornerback, while Chris Cook was at right cornerback with the No. 1 defense.

Rookie receiver Bruce Ellington, working in the slot against Morris, caught a 10-yard pass in the practice-ending two-minute drill.

I see two possible reasons for excitement in the bolded statement. Either Kap is going for anticipation throws, targeting a WR before he makes his break. In which case, Jacobs ran the wrong route or Kap had the wrong route in his head. Pretty sure there wasn't heavy pressure in his face during OTAs.

Or the 49ers are installing option routes. In which case Kap read something in the defense and Jacobs read something else. This is the only way I can tell when a team is using option routes. The QB throws to a place that isn't even remotely close to where the WR was breaking. After the whistle, both players talk to each other as the next huddle forms. I see it happen to Brady, and Eli. There needs to be context in what MM reported there.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I see two possible reasons for excitement in the bolded statement. Either Kap is going for anticipation throws, targeting a WR before he makes his break. In which case, Jacobs ran the wrong route or Kap had the wrong route in his head. Pretty sure there wasn't heavy pressure in his face during OTAs.

Or the 49ers are installing option routes. In which case Kap read something in the defense and Jacobs read something else. This is the only way I can tell when a team is using option routes. The QB throws to a place that isn't even remotely close to where the WR was breaking. After the whistle, both players talk to each other as the next huddle forms. I see it happen to Brady, and Eli. There needs to be context in what MM reported there.

The poster I was responding to claimed that the author blamed the wide receivers for Kaepernick's lack of accuracy.

I do not see the author "placing blame" on the wide receivers in this article.

Do you really think that point you underlined places blame on the wide receiver?

If you think that Jacobs "who may have zigged when Kaepernick expected him to zag" = placing blame on the wide receiver, you need to refine your reading comprehension skills.

[ Edited by buck on Jun 11, 2014 at 10:25 PM ]
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11064124/colin-kaepernick-contract-extension-san-francisco-49ers-quarterback-sets-example-russell-wilson-cam-newton-nick-foles

Jeffery Chadiha at ESPN.com:

He might have been able to push for more guarantees, and he certainly could've been offended by having to reach certain incentives to realize the full value of the contract. Instead, he had the maturity to see that his success was directly tied to being blessed with extraordinary talent around him. It would be refreshing to see more young quarterbacks choosing to follow the example he just set.

At least somebody in the media gets it. I wish they'd drop the whole, tired "Kap must be stupid, so this contract is evidence he got snookered" narrative.

I'm tempted to do this man a favor and email him that whatever advice he was given to become a blogger, he should ignore.

He probably does what he does in the best interest of his "brand".
Originally posted by swayze:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11064124/colin-kaepernick-contract-extension-san-francisco-49ers-quarterback-sets-example-russell-wilson-cam-newton-nick-foles

Jeffery Chadiha at ESPN.com:

He might have been able to push for more guarantees, and he certainly could've been offended by having to reach certain incentives to realize the full value of the contract. Instead, he had the maturity to see that his success was directly tied to being blessed with extraordinary talent around him. It would be refreshing to see more young quarterbacks choosing to follow the example he just set.

At least somebody in the media gets it. I wish they'd drop the whole, tired "Kap must be stupid, so this contract is evidence he got snookered" narrative.

Same here. It's a lame narrative perpetuated by disgruntled agents. This deal scares the crap out of them, because it means less money in their pockets if more players go this route.

So they put out this idea that Kap is a moron, or that his agents are morons. In actuality, this is an extremely forward-thinking deal by both Kap and management. Kudos all around, because everybody wins with this deal......except for the Rosenhaus' and Condon's of the world.

No Boldin, Crabs, Johnson, Patton, with Lloyd limited. Sounds pretty much like last season, except there is also no Boldin or VD. So basically NOBODY to throw the ball to.

Hmm...

I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I think this might be contributing to the struggles in practice.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

He's so obsessed with Aldon Smith that he can't get to his other stuff until long after it becomes old news.

He's secretly gay for Aldon. He wants what he can't have.

I think you nailed it. It's a love / hate relationship...

The poster I was responding to claimed that the author blamed the wide receivers for Kaepernick's lack of accuracy.

I do not see the author "placing blame" on the wide receivers in this article.

Do you really think that point you underlined places blame on the wide receiver?

If you think that Jacobs "who may have zigged when Kaepernick expected him to zag" = placing blame on the wide receiver, you need to refine your reading comprehension skills.

I'm not getting into the topic of you calling out some other poster's reading comprehension. I simply cited the article for that little snippet because the two possible scenarios I presented - Kap practicing anticipation throws or the offense installing option routes - have me excited.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I'm not getting into the topic of you calling out some other poster's reading comprehension. I simply cited the article for that little snippet because the two possible scenarios I presented - Kap practicing anticipation throws or the offense installing option routes - have me excited.

Fooled me.