There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick Thread (2014-15 Season)

Originally posted by danimal:
Nearly 100% of athletes anywhere near that level believe in themselves.

Sure, but how many of them have been willing to bet the big money on it?
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
But the great thing is the 49ers SIGNED Kap, and now other teams, like it or not, are basing their offers on what happened here...or at least in part. It was clever to do that before RW, Cam , Luck got re-signed. Better to set the trend than adhere to someone else's...and that is exactly what paraag and trent did. Way to go guys.


We screwed Seattle by signing Kaep before they extended Wilson.
In my perfect world,
Dalton, Newton, Luck, and RG3 all sign huge deals before Wilson.

Solid post, I think a lot of zoners on here missed that

rg3 and luck as 1st rounder in the same draft as wilson are elgible for 5th yr player options. its possible the teams pick up that option and maybe take a little longer working out a deal. wilson as a 3rd rounder has no 5th yr option and will be extended around this time next year. thats unknown for luck and rg3.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Almost 3 pages. Better reset the thread again.

Yeah...I'm so glad I spent an hour writing a post about 10 different topics only to have it renamed a Kaepernick thread and then have it deleted so they could ""start fresh".

EDIT: Uh...oops. NM. Just saw my PM. Nothing to see here. :D
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jun 11, 2014 at 2:04 PM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by danimal:
Nearly 100% of athletes anywhere near that level believe in themselves.

Sure, but how many of them have been willing to bet the big money on it?

All of them, that is when the agent steps in.

He got suckered, pure and simple. AND I LOVE IT!!!!
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He obviously believes in himself. He believes he can prevent the de-escalators and he'll secure a large portion of the $$.

I agree that Kaep's deal will not be the norm. It'll be the norm of the mid-level deals, like Dalton and Smith. Not Netwon or Luck's...

Kaep > or = Newton ... I do not consider him elite for sure.

Ask yourself this. You have a playoff game on the road. Who you taken??
Originally posted by danimal:
All of them, that is when the agent steps in.

He got suckered, pure and simple. AND I LOVE IT!!!!

I'm not sure why you believe that considering the fact that he was on record as saying on a number of occasions that a deal friendly to the team so that they could keep more players was exactly what he wanted.

But, as far as what Marvin was trying to do with this thread is concerned, the Kaepernick deal plays a huge part. It doesn't guarantee that they'll be able to retain Crabtree, for example, but it gives them a better chance. And, the example he sets has to make it easier for the team to negotiate with other players. Obviously Boone is going to get a good deal, but after all the guaranteed money Vernon Davis has ALREADY taken, is he really going to hold out? Kaepernick's deal is going to make anyone who holds out for unreasonable amounts of guaranteed money look smaller in the process.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by danimal:
All of them, that is when the agent steps in.

He got suckered, pure and simple. AND I LOVE IT!!!!

I'm not sure why you believe that considering the fact that he was on record as saying on a number of occasions that a deal friendly to the team so that they could keep more players was exactly what he wanted.

But, as far as what Marvin was trying to do with this thread is concerned, the Kaepernick deal plays a huge part. It doesn't guarantee that they'll be able to retain Crabtree, for example, but it gives them a better chance. And, the example he sets has to make it easier for the team to negotiate with other players. Obviously Boone is going to get a good deal, but after all the guaranteed money Vernon Davis has ALREADY taken, is he really going to hold out? Kaepernick's deal is going to make anyone who holds out for unreasonable amounts of guaranteed money look smaller in the process.
danimal still hasn't understood what has taken place with this contract
Originally posted by crabman82:
rg3 and luck as 1st rounder in the same draft as wilson are elgible for 5th yr player options. its possible the teams pick up that option and maybe take a little longer working out a deal. wilson as a 3rd rounder has no 5th yr option and will be extended around this time next year. thats unknown for luck and rg3.


I know, just some wishful thinking
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He obviously believes in himself. He believes he can prevent the de-escalators and he'll secure a large portion of the $$.

I agree that Kaep's deal will not be the norm. It'll be the norm of the mid-level deals, like Dalton and Smith. Not Netwon or Luck's...

Kaep > or = Newton ... I do not consider him elite for sure.

Ask yourself this. You have a playoff game on the road. Who you taken??

One guy has lost a home playoff game and the other has won 4 playoff games including 3 road playoff games... Hmm
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,935
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
But the great thing is the 49ers SIGNED Kap, and now other teams, like it or not, are basing their offers on what happened here...or at least in part. It was clever to do that before RW, Cam , Luck got re-signed. Better to set the trend than adhere to someone else's...and that is exactly what paraag and trent did. Way to go guys.

Very good point. It definitely is a data point that the unsigned players have t
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/06/11/what-colin-kaepernicks-complicated-new-deal-with-the-49ers-really-is-and-means-and-what-it-isnt-and-doesnt/

I lol'd at Kawakami. Such an idiot.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/06/11/what-colin-kaepernicks-complicated-new-deal-with-the-49ers-really-is-and-means-and-what-it-isnt-and-doesnt/

I lol'd at Kawakami. Such an idiot.

Srsly. It was painful reading through that drivel.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/06/11/what-colin-kaepernicks-complicated-new-deal-with-the-49ers-really-is-and-means-and-what-it-isnt-and-doesnt/

I lol'd at Kawakami. Such an idiot.

Srsly. It was painful reading through that drivel.

couldn't even get thru the whole thing. The agenda driven article his sort puts out is laughable.
Kawikami better start breaking down the harbaugh's docker commercial, because at the end it clearly says attend one of "Jim's" game and not a 49er game. Clearly this is a sign he is not signing an extension and docker knows Jim's game might not necessary be a 49er game.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/06/11/what-colin-kaepernicks-complicated-new-deal-with-the-49ers-really-is-and-means-and-what-it-isnt-and-doesnt/

I lol'd at Kawakami. Such an idiot.


He's so obsessed with Aldon Smith that he can't get to his other stuff until long after it becomes old news.