There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick Thread (2014-15 Season)

Originally posted by cNiner:
I think that Kap will never be the leader if they keep him on this contract and signing bonus, because you are telling the team we have no faith in Kap for the long run and we will look at him year to year . How do you expect them to rally behind him . if he has 2 to 3 bad games the people will ask for his head and especially in the playoffs.

I have to disagree here. Do you really think the team will think less of him because he took an incentive laden team friendly contract that will let his fellow players get paid as well? Also who would be asking for his head, the fans? Because I can almost guarantee that his teammates wont be paying attention to the mewing of a few malcontent fans. Then there's his work ethic that has been touted by coaches and media members both. It's been reported many times that Kap always has the best parking spot at the facility, not because it's reserved, he's just the first guy there.
I think that Kap will never be the leader if they keep him on this contract and signing bonus, because you are telling the team we have no faith in Kap for the long run and we will look at him year to year . How do you expect them to rally behind him . if he has 2 to 3 bad games the people will ask for his head and especially in the playoffs.

First of all, it doesn't matter what people ask for. That's irrelevant. Secondly, I'm not sure how your mind is working on this. Are you saying that team mates would respect him more if he had a contract that paid him big money even if he didn't perform? I would think players would respect a team mate who is basically saying that if he performs, he gets big pay and if he doesn't, he doesn't. What better way to gain the respect of your team mates than to show that you have confidence in your ability to perform for the team. And what better way to gain the respect of your team mates than to want a contract that allows the team more freedom to sign other players as opposed to soaking up all the cap money with one quarterback position.

now i think i have read everything in 9er talk
Almost 3 pages. Better reset the thread again.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

now i think i have read everything in 9er talk

yeah i was going to respond but then realized i didnt want the warning that would follow. i cant believe people actually think like this.
Go get us another trophy Kap!
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Jun 11, 2014 at 12:18 PM ]
Read an article by Matt Macciaco (spelling?)
Where the talked about how Kaep didn't look very accurate during OTAs...
Then further on down the article he started blaiming WR's for dropping passes.

So which one was it? Anyone care to shed some light on this?
Originally posted by Quest4six:

why ?

it's OTAs. There's going to be good days and bad days

how much light is there to shed? is there any videos of these ota's we can break down? i asked biderman on twitter yesterday and he said for the most part they are in 7 on 7's with occasionally the lineman hopping in there, but they arent really going at it yet either. at the end of the day, its OTA's with no pads, and i wouldnt put much stock into things they say are struggling or things they say are working really well. as long as you dont read about someone getting injured for the season, thats really all you can take away from these. i understand its the dead season and fans want to consume every bit of info they can, but whether he lights it up with 75 completions in a row or doesnt complete a single pass, it doesnt mean much at this juncture.

I think he was playing with guys who probably won't even be on the team.

they arent mutually exlusive, maybe the receivers were dropping inaccurate passes
Originally posted by crabman82:
how much light is there to shed? is there any videos of these ota's we can break down? i asked biderman on twitter yesterday and he said for the most part they are in 7 on 7's with occasionally the lineman hopping in there, but they arent really going at it yet either. at the end of the day, its OTA's with no pads, and i wouldnt put much stock into things they say are struggling or things they say are working really well. as long as you dont read about someone getting injured for the season, thats really all you can take away from these. i understand its the dead season and fans want to consume every bit of info they can, but whether he lights it up with 75 completions in a row or doesnt complete a single pass, it doesnt mean much at this juncture.

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Almost 3 pages. Better reset the thread again.

better reset your panties
3 of my favorite moments as a Niner fan in recent history
1. trading up/drafting Kap
2. promoting Kap, trading Alex
3. Kap signing to a pretty revolutionary team-friendly deal

With that being said, I would not have signed anything like that....and I bet this deal turns out to be an anomaly as opposed to a trend setter
Originally posted by crabman82:

exactly....I have also heard that for the most part boldin, crabs, Stevie Johnson and Patton are either not practicing at all or are in individual workouts. Good or bad the most important stat relating to OTAs is zero injuries.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jun 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM ]