There are 263 users in the forums

QB Guru George Whitfield

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great move
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
If you're not getting better, you're getting worse! You never stay the same.

I'm sure some folks here would like George to intern at OC.

Hmmmmmm. Haha.

But on a serious note, basic QB mechanics are extremely important and CK does need a lot of work here IMHO. But to properly coach him up, at some point, he's going to need to know what KIND of offense we run here. For instance, if it's a base WCO, then he'll need to work with CK on the timing and footwork on his drop-backs from snaps under center in relationship to route concepts and progressions. If it's Q-formations, etc. that's a different skill set, the option, etc. I'd pay anything to be a fly on the wall when George asks in the meeting room with the offensive coaches and says, "OK fellas...very eager to get started and refining Colin's skill set...best athletic talent I've ever worked with. So before I refine his techniques and create a training plan, can you tell me what kind of offense do we run here?"

(sounds of crickets)? LOL
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I think Whitfield has more work to do with Roman than he does Kaepernick...
Hmmmmmm. Haha.

But on a serious note, basic QB mechanics are extremely important and CK does need a lot of work here IMHO. But to properly coach him up, at some point, he's going to need to know what KIND of offense we run here. For instance, if it's a base WCO, then he'll need to work with CK on the timing and footwork on his drop-backs from snaps under center in relationship to route concepts and progressions. If it's Q-formations, etc. that's a different skill set, the option, etc. I'd pay anything to be a fly on the wall when George asks in the meeting room with the offensive coaches and says, "OK fellas...very eager to get started and refining Colin's skill set...best athletic talent I've ever worked with. So before I refine his techniques and create a training plan, can you tell me what kind of offense do we run here?"

everything
we run everything
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Hmmmmmm. Haha.

to which G-ro will respond "...it's an offense that got this team to 3 straight NFC Championship games and a super bowl appearance."

Having said that, it's my hope that this year we become more balanced, get more 3rd down conversions, and have better red zone success. All the while, keeping Colin healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Share 49ersWebzone