LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

QB Guru George Whitfield

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I saw it mentioned in a couple other threads but I think this news deserves it's own thread! I think this is huge if only for that fact that JH is relinquishing some of his responsibility! I for one love bringing this guy in; a fresh perspective is never a bad thing. Plus he has no attachment to Kap so he will have no problems telling him how it is(though I doubt JH holds back either). Anything this guy can help Kap do to speed up his progress is a win!
[ Edited by MTninerfan on Jun 11, 2014 at 7:50 AM ]
I love this!!! I thought they would've hired him to work with our qb's last yr but i heard he was booked.
Everything i have heard on this guy is good. He really works with mechanics down to the detail which should benefit kaep
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

This is an insurance policy for our 100 million dollar QB. LOVE IT!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
I love this!!! I thought they would've hired him to work with our qb's last yr but i heard he was booked.
Everything i have heard on this guy is good. He really works with mechanics down to the detail which should benefit kaep

I don't know if its a good idea for Colin and the rest of the QB's to be out in the ocean practicing their dropbacks from center. Afterall, this beach area is well known as Great White Shark Territory!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
I saw it mentioned in a couple other threads but I think this news deserves it's own thread! I think this is huge if only for that fact that JH is relinquishing some of his responsibility! I for one love bringing this guy in; a fresh perspective is never a bad thing. Plus he has no attachment to Kap so he will have no problems telling him how it is(though I doubt JH holds back either). Anything this guy can help Kap do to speed up his progress is a win!

Can you imagine Harbaugh chasing Kaepernick with a broom?

“Whitfield used a broom and bean bags to represent pressure and even rushed himself with his arms above his head to simulate pass rushers in his face, similar exercises to those performed at Luck’s pro day in 2012. In typical Manziel fashion, he looked athletic escaping and moving the pocket while snapping a throw downfield.

http://whitfieldqb.com/?p=2524
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
George Whitfield Jr. @georgewhitfield

This easily beats my normal breakfast regime of a #nakedjuice & pop tart. #SF #RealCafeteria

• buck
  • Veteran
49ers bring in George Whitfield

Whitfield will work with the 49ers' quarterbacks and coaches during his time with the team.

He will be with the team through training camp as part of the Bill Walsh Minority Coaching Fellowship.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11063756/san-francisco-49ers-bringing-quarterback-guru-george-whitfield

So, Whitfield will be with us from now to the end of August---a little more than three months by my calculations, which are suspect.

His presence and knowledge should be useful for the team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
49ers bring in George Whitfield

Whitfield will work with the 49ers' quarterbacks and coaches during his time with the team.

He will be with the team through training camp as part of the Bill Walsh Minority Coaching Fellowship.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11063756/san-francisco-49ers-bringing-quarterback-guru-george-whitfield

So, Whitfield will be with us from now to the end of August---a little more than three months by my calculations, which are suspect.

His presence and knowledge should be useful for the team.
i guess. a consultant just sounds queer to me.. i would rather stick with the blue collar, take no prisoners approach. no big deal, just me
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i guess. a consultant just sounds queer to me.. i would rather stick with the blue collar, take no prisoners approach. no big deal, just me

A good portion of these interns do make it eventually as coaches for this team. I think tyrone, and some of the other 49ers that previously played for walsh eventually ended up in coaching. For some reason Dungy and Ray Rhoads sticks in my mind. Rathman, Cedric hardman, dwaine board, and also others may have gone through some informal internship with this franchise before it was a formal program. anyway the point I was trying to make is that George might find his way to our coaching roster at some point in the future.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by cciowa:

A good portion of these interns do make it eventually as coaches for this team. I think tyrone, and some of the other 49ers that previously played for walsh eventually ended up in coaching. For some reason Dungy and Ray Rhoads sticks in my mind. Rathman, Cedric hardman, dwaine board, and also others may have gone through some informal internship with this franchise before it was a formal program. anyway the point I was trying to make is that George might find his way to our coaching roster at some point in the future.
yep,,. i am sure you are right and thank you for mentioning sir cedrick.. like i said,, I am weird about these things and am wary of change!! my problem,, not yours bud

Kaep actually has already worked previously with Whitfield, actually saying Kaep was ahead of Newton:
'George Whitfield Jr. (private QB guru/coach to Cam Newton and Andrew Luck): "Colin Kaepernick is a better athlete than Cam Newton. He's in better shape, he's faster and he has a stronger arm."
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/172059-russell-wilson-colin-kaepernick/page34/#SWul67dkdqiq37jc.99
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Kaep actually has already worked previously with Whitfield, actually saying Kaep was ahead of Newton:
'George Whitfield Jr. (private QB guru/coach to Cam Newton and Andrew Luck): "Colin Kaepernick is a better athlete than Cam Newton. He's in better shape, he's faster and he has a stronger arm."
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/172059-russell-wilson-colin-kaepernick/page34/#SWul67dkdqiq37jc.99

well, so far i know more about what this guy is going to do than i do about what mangini was hired to do
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

Wasn't it Chip Smith that said it?

"They're a lot alike in terms of being really special, and they're both extremely athletic," said Smith, founder of Duluth, Ga.-based Competitive Edge Sports. "But Colin is actually a little bit better athletically. He's a little faster -- I've clocked him as low as a 4.4 (-second runner in the 40-yard dash) -- and there isn't a quarterback in this draft who throws the ball with the velocity that Colin does. Colin is a better athlete, and he understands the game better."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f54896/article/kaepernick-holds-slight-athletic-edge-over-newton-trainer-says
ditto CC, ditto. Man-gin-who? and what exactly, does he do?

As for Whitfield, hoo-rah!. Man I love this move. I just hope CK does also.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM ]
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
George Whitfield Jr. @georgewhitfield

This easily beats my normal breakfast regime of a #nakedjuice & pop tart. #SF #RealCafeteria

Whats step one dammit? Must know.
Share 49ersWebzone