LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

We are ridiculous right now.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ronin1387:
agree with the smith suspension being 4 or 5 games. (goin 2 rehab helped)

ALOT of pressure on these guys...its lombardi trophy or bust and we are in the toughest division.

we are stacked though!!
i think it is unfair to put those expectations on the team and coaches. sure you would like to think you could win a super bowl but i stopped believing in super bowl or bust in 1989 with free agency. things happen, injuries, bad luck etc. the measure of a team to me is to be in a position to win the conference and make a deep run in the playoffs every year. last year we did not make the super bowl but i was never prouder of the players for doing what they had to do with their backs against the wall at 1-2 and alot of adversity. i for one am not putting the super bowl or bust type of pressure on them. i enjoy the season alot more when i do not saddle them with a whole bunch of expectations before pre season even starts

I think the whole "super-bowl of bust" trend is more appropriate with the Broncos, as clearly Elway set the team up for a now or never situation.
That whole theme should have dropped from our franchise the second everyone realized how good Baalke is
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
oh man, this place is gonna be on suicide watch when we start out 0-3.
Injuries affect every team. Our roster is deep and talented, save for the secondary. This year is all about development - can our passing game take the next step? - and play calling - do we become more diverse and less predictable? If the answers to those questions are "yes", we will be the best team in the NFL this year.
  • thl408
Didn't Baalke once say not to be ridiculous?
Originally posted by thl408:

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I think 0-1....LoL.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I think 0-1....LoL.
my head is in the noose as i type this
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:

Ahhh, it was THAT Balki.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Here is how I would rate the team:

Offense:
QB - B - Kap is an up and coming QB, but he doesn't read defenses as well as the best. Talented backup with several years of experience.
RB - B - Tons of depth, but we don't have an elite starter. Gore is on his last legs, and at this point we don't know if another back will become elite (2 good options, though). Good FB, but not sure how much that matters.
WR - A - We don't have an elite WR, but 3 very good WR is just as good
OL - A - New starter at center, but that will probably be an upgrade

Defense:
DL - B - Tons of depth, but no elite starters
LB - A - Elite starters and plenty of depth (Bowman and Smith may be out for a while)
Safety - A - Good starters
CB - D - One proven starter. 1st round pick is for slot corner which can make this group above average. Other CB is unproven.
Originally posted by fryet:
Here is how I would rate the team:

Offense:
QB - B - Kap is an up and coming QB, but he doesn't read defenses as well as the best. Talented backup with several years of experience.
RB - B - Tons of depth, but we don't have an elite starter. Gore is on his last legs, and at this point we don't know if another back will become elite (2 good options, though). Good FB, but not sure how much that matters.
WR - A - We don't have an elite WR, but 3 very good WR is just as good
OL - A - New starter at center, but that will probably be an upgrade

Defense:
DL - B - Tons of depth, but no elite starters
LB - A - Elite starters and plenty of depth (Bowman and Smith may be out for a while)
Safety - A - Good starters
CB - D - One proven starter. 1st round pick is for slot corner which can make this group above average. Other CB is unproven.

No, no, you want to post this on the "2014 Reasonable and Accurate Roster Analysis" thread.

This is the "Live 9er or Die" thread, apologies to New Hampshire.

ON PAPER
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by defenderDX:
ON PAPER

this. n00bs
Share 49ersWebzone