LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 159 users in the forums

We are ridiculous right now.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Tank Carradine, Ian Williams and Q. Dial don't count?

Hoping a healthy Carradine can play in this league, and with Tomsula's guidance, Dial will show improvement this year. Dial is huge, but doesn't push the O line or get double teams.
Also, hopefully Fangio will continue to sub his D line.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Too bad bowman and aldon wont see the field for half the year

Keeps them healthy in that regard and the way Aldon seems top wear down at seasons end that could actually end up being a good thing.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Too bad bowman and aldon wont see the field for half the year

This

Not to mention that our DL is aging and our CBs are below average. Our offense is stacked but that may be offset be a decline on defense. We have gotten used to having one of the top defense in the league. With Bowman and Aldon off the field, our defense is very ordinary on paper.

It may all come down to how young and unproven guys step up to pick up the slack. Carradine could be a star. So could Lemonier..... and Jimmie Ward. These guys to be difference makers to pick up the slack left by Bowman and Aldon.
Lemonier, skuta and whilote filled in nicely

Meh, they filled in. They didn't dominate like Bowman and Aldon.

Not saying those guys couldn't fill in. But without Bowman and Aldon, who do opponents really have to worry about? Who do they have to game plan for? Willis, Brooks, and maybe Eric Reid. Most opponents have an OL that could handle Justin Smith and RayMac without having to worry about Aldon on the outside.

Since we don't have lock-down CBs, you take out Aldon Smith and our whole pass defense will come crumbling down.
Lemonier had pressure everytime, always had the OL backing into the QB, Skuta/Whilote are great tacklers who seem to be near the ball all the time.

we have a good core, you might see only the final result on plays but these guys are good

Love Skuta and Borland is a superb tackler as well.
As long as Brock stays healthy CB position will be fine. Stop worrying. Culliver if he can get his head right should be a solid #2 working towards a #1 spot and don't underestimate Darryl Morris. Not to mention Ward, Cook, Wright, Cox, Johnson and Acker. I like Reaser next year too. Baalke has shown he can find corners anywhere. I more worried about our aging D Line and who's going to step up and our LB's between injuries and suspensions. We maybe vulnerable against the run early in the year until the front seven gets straight.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Legion of Boom and the reigning Champs say otherwise
Originally posted by Garcia:
Legion of Boom and the reigning Champs say otherwise

Death to them....send them to DA HELL!!!!!!
Lemonier had pressure everytime, always had the OL backing into the QB, Skuta/Whilote are great tacklers who seem to be near the ball all the time.

we have a good core, you might see only the final result on plays but these guys are good

I had forgotten about the play where Skuta pulled off the running back's shoe and sock then tossed them backwards onto the ground and then kicked the shoe even farther away. Now that's some 'tude you like to see.
Deepest, most talented team we've had since '94. Time to get it done.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
I'm not as optimistic as the OP. I think the CB position has big problems. The offense looks stacked though.

Yeah I hear ya they're unproven I like brock though, culliver might be too dumb for the nfl... which is saying something. If Brock keeps improving and Ward looks good we should be fine. Having two good safetys will help a lot. Hopefully our pass rush will be effective with no aldon starting the year. I'm just gonna throw it out there. James Harrison still available and he'll come cheap.
But our front 7 will get straight. Carradine is going to be a monster the Cowboy is still the Cowboy Lemonier is a year more experienced and Lynch may be solid as well. Borland should be a playmaker next to Willis and Ward is a playmaker. Lot's of youth on the D this year which is a good thing. We will be better at the end of the year than the beginning which is also a good thing.

Originally posted by beatintina49:
I'm not as optimistic as the OP. I think the CB position has big problems. The offense looks stacked though.

Yeah I hear ya they're unproven I like brock though, culliver might be too dumb for the nfl... which is saying something. If Brock keeps improving and Ward looks good we should be fine. Having two good safetys will help a lot. Hopefully our pass rush will be effective with no aldon starting the year. I'm just gonna throw it out there. James Harrison still available and he'll come cheap.

Brock is a gamer. He's improved tremendously. I'm not worried about him.

Culliver is a big question mark for me. At one point, he looked like one of the top up and coming corners in the game. Then came the SB, where he was a complete train wreck. I'm anxious to see if he can recover mentally from that performance, and from his injury.

dude, i know this is youre first year of being a 9er fan. but stop acting like you know something. you are making us look bad

Cully was one of the best CBs in 2012 and helped us get to the SB as a rookie
Aldon is not going to get suspended and there hasn't been anything from goodell/NFL hinting at one either
This is my first topic so don't hate. Just looking at our roster is crazy we got all pro talent at EVERY position on offense. Maybe not center but we'll see. That includes 3 # 1 wide outs and te. Our backfield is insane. Our lbs can't be matched anywhere and our d line I'd take almost over any other team. Our safety's are solid. Dbs tbd. I just don't see us not taking this division. Just like we should have if Brooks would have asked for the ball nicely instead of trying to decapitate Brees b***h ass. I think these first three years under harbaugh are just the beginning.

Originally posted by HellaBombs:
1 total post

already at 25%

lulz

whoa i didnt know we had a percentage..

what is the big problem(s)?

Brock is our best CB, we still have cully. Drafted a stud in Ward, safetes are above average starters...

T. Brown and Rogers were our best CBs and we lost both of them and didn't replace them. Culliver showed promise before his injury, but hasn't played a down since. So he's effectively an unknown. Brock played very well as a #3 CB. I have a feeling it will be a different story when he's matched up against the opponents top WR.

People like to hate on Rogers because he was overpaid and sucked in the slot. But he was a solid outside cover guy. Brown was also a very good outside cover corner. He may have lacked ideal size, but he could stick to any receiver like glue.

We have basically gone from NFL starters to unproven backups at both CB spots. There is good reason to be worried.

Brock was better than T.Brown and Rogers last year...which is why he got the long term deal
Share 49ersWebzone