Pick a 49ers player from the 80's -90's & 2000's to play on the team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lee Woodall, Ricky Watters and Brent Jones
  • thl408
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
80'S Lott S- Would replace Bethea
90's Sanders CB- Would replace Cully
00'S Rice WR- GOAT

This is a cool offseason thread. I gotta go with the above. I know it's easy to sub in Montana for Kap, but I want Kap to get a ring. The three additions above would equal automatic SB win as the defensive backfield goes from questionable to awesome.

The hardest sub for me is Sanders instead of BYoung since the 49ers could use a nice push from the DT position.
80's Rathman
90's Rice
2K Julian Peterson
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
80's Rathman
90's Rice
2K Julian Peterson

i would have taken a 35ish year old julian peterson over clark haggins, huggins, higgins, whoever the f**k he was in 2012 when smith , aldon and brooks all got hurt
Originally posted by thl408:
00'S Rice WR- GOAT

This is a cool offseason thread. I gotta go with the above. I know it's easy to sub in Montana for Kap, but I want Kap to get a ring. The three additions above would equal automatic SB win as the defensive backfield goes from questionable to awesome.

The hardest sub for me is Sanders instead of BYoung since the 49ers could use a nice push from the DT position.

I honestly didn't even think of Deion when I submitted my picks of Lott/Rice/BY. And honestly, given our depth all along the DL, having Deion Sanders at CB with Lott playing S along side Reid would just be ridiculous. Imagine a WR group of Rice/Crabtree/Boldin. You would almost have to trot all 3 out as starters every game and just leave the FB off the field a lot I guess. Wow.
80's:
Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Dwight Hicks, Joe Montana, Brent Jones

90's:
Jerry Rice, Tim McDonald, Ricky Watters, Garrison Hearst, T.O., B.Y.

2000's:
They are still with the team...

Originally posted by matt49er:
I honestly didn't even think of Deion when I submitted my picks of Lott/Rice/BY. And honestly, given our depth all along the DL, having Deion Sanders at CB with Lott playing S along side Reid would just be ridiculous. Imagine a WR group of Rice/Crabtree/Boldin. You would almost have to trot all 3 out as starters every game and just leave the FB off the field a lot I guess. Wow.

I rather have Rice/TO/Boldin as my starting three.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
hacksaw, earl cooper. there is your delanie walker swiss army guy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash98:

I rather have Rice/TO/Boldin as my starting three.

i would do rice, taylor and boldin. then we would finally have a return guy we can depend on. good thing is that , when you have that much talent romans head would explode and we finally get someone competent in here
Originally posted by cciowa:
i would do rice, taylor and boldin. then we would finally have a return guy we can depend on. good thing is that , when you have that much talent romans head would explode and we finally get someone competent in here

Taylor can be our 4th (I can't believe I just said that!). Those three, Rice/TO/Boldin IMO, are more dynamic and will create headaches to whichever defense they face.

Taylor can be our 4th (I can't believe I just said that!). Those three, Rice/TO/Boldin IMO, are more dynamic and will create headaches to whichever defense they face.

I almost listed JT too ...he would do plenty damage as our #1 WR this season
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Add in VD in that mix?!?!?!? Damn....

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Add in VD in that mix?!?!?!? Damn....

We'd get some points every trip down the field ...plus JT's blocking in the run game would be a welcome addition
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Lee Woodall, Ricky Watters and Brent Jones

interesting ...Woodall could line up as a ted, will, mike or sam in our defense and contribute

Watters would be very effective in the read option with Kaeperknick , one could only imagine the plays Jim & Greg could draw up

Brent and Vernon as our TE's in a 2 TE set ...LIGHTS OUT
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:
00'S Rice WR- GOAT

Sanders would also solve all KR/PR issues. Yeah, I'm going Sanders over BYoung. The improvement from Cully to Sanders is much greater than the increase from RayMac to BYoung imo, and you mentioned the DL depth on the team.
Share 49ersWebzone