LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Pick a 49ers player from the 80's -90's & 2000's to play on the team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ok , just for fun 49ers fans ,it's time machine time I know some will call this a silly thread ...but pick one player from each decade to play with todays teams ..just to kill some time ...it could be any 49ers player you want ..no restrictions

heres mine ..

80's - Ronnie Lott ...just picture Ronnie thumping heads with this defense ..WOW

90's - Charles Haley ..I know he only played until 1991 with us, but just picture a pass rush with Aldon & Haley coming after you

2000's - Bryant Young ...I'd throw B.Y out there with Ray Mac & Cowboy and bust some heads, amazing 3 man defensive line

what about you guys?
Roger Craig - best pass-catching RB evar! Roman still wouldn't call any designed passes for the backs LOL.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Roger Craig - best pass-catching RB evar! Roman still wouldn't call any designed passes for the backs LOL.

agreed
I'm gonna go with non current HOFer.

So give me the following:

1980s - Roger Craig,hb/FB with the great pass catching ability
1990s - Brent Jones, the thoughts of a two TE set with VD is very enticing
2000s - Terrell Owens, even though I will never forget how he killed the team in 2003-04, he was a top 2-3 WR in the nfl for several years.
Ronnie Lott.

And the greatest wide receiver ever, (what was his name, now? )
Originally posted by English:
Ronnie Lott.

Greatest WR, I assume you are talking about Renaldo Nehemiah
Originally posted by Niners816:
Ronnie Lott.

Greatest WR, I assume you are talking about Renaldo Nehemiah

He may have been the fastest.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
cedrick hardman, ted kwalik, jimmy johnson and gene washington, sorry those are 70's. i love lott but not sure how how play would mesh with the new rules that baby the offense. i love haley but he would pee on aldons car cuz he would have to share the limelight with him. i would take rathman who would fill the blue collar mode perfectly and yes john taylor so we could finally have a return guy. i would not want craig because roman would have him setting on the bench playing checkers
if i'm going for trying to make the best team possible, I think I try to shore up the secondary and then solidify the D-line. Obviously it seems crazy not putting Montana or Rice in there, but I'm trying to fill our current 'holes'

80s - Ronnie Lott
90s - Deion Sanders
2000s - Bryant Young

if i'm going for who I'd love to see then

80s - Jerry Rice
90s - Merton Hanks
2000s - Bryant Young
He may have been the fastest.

I agree with that. I think there were reports he ran sub 4.2 hand timed 40 yard dash times.

80's - Ronnie Lott: Obviously fills a need in our DB field.... plus he is one of the greatest defenders ever.

90's - Steve Young: Move Kap to WR and put young in at QB.

2000's - Bryant Young: My favorite 49er DL of all time. Young, J. Smith, RayMac, and Aldon would wreck havoc on opposing OLs
80'S Lott S- Would replace Bethea
90's Sanders CB- Would replace Cully
00'S Rice WR- GOAT
80's - Jerry Rice - With Kap's arm he'd be scoring like crazy

90's - BY, putting him next to Justin would be a world changer

00's - ?

Sorry, too hung over to think
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Jun 6, 2014 at 9:17 AM ]
You obviously have to go with Montana in the 80s and Rice in the 90s. We win the last three superbowls with Montana at quarterback.

80s- Joe Montana. 90's- Jerry Rice 00's- Bryant Young. I would have went with Terrell Owens, but we're already stacked at receiver. Jerry Rice, Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie Johnson with Montana throwing them the ball?? Forget about it! Then Bryant Young paired with Justin Smith would be absolutely awesome.
80's Ronnie Lott
90's Jerry Rice
2000's Bryant Young
Share 49ersWebzone