Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Draft Grades - 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Good morning 49er fans! Here's my '14 draft grades video for you guys

Enjoy!

Em
Thanks
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
B plus? $%ck you! Just kidding, nice review.
Thanks Gang! What do you guys think of the Carlos Hyde pick? What are you hearing with regards to Lattimore?
Originally posted by EmDiggy:
Thanks Gang! What do you guys think of the Carlos Hyde pick? What are you hearing with regards to Lattimore?

I know what you mean about a luxury pick but if you look down the road, Lattimore's knees are still a huge issue, Frank Gore might be gone at the end of this year, The coaching staff dont seem sold on LMJ and Kendall Hunter is a free agent at the end of the year. So potentially the once crowded backfield might be wide open a year from now. Getting Hyde at that point in the draft was huge value. Id much rather the 49ers draft BPA rather than drafting for need.

Secondly can you give us more insight on the UDFA from Michigan State? why do you think hes a diamond in the rough? please elaborate in his skills. Another thing, Keep up the good work EmDiggy. Great analysis and professional delivery like always.
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
I know what you mean about a luxury pick but if you look down the road, Lattimore's knees are still a huge issue, Frank Gore might be gone at the end of this year, The coaching staff dont seem sold on LMJ and Kendall Hunter is a free agent at the end of the year. So potentially the once crowded backfield might be wide open a year from now. Getting Hyde at that point in the draft was huge value. Id much rather the 49ers draft BPA rather than drafting for need.

Secondly can you give us more insight on the UDFA from Michigan State? why do you think hes a diamond in the rough? please elaborate in his skills. Another thing, Keep up the good work EmDiggy. Great analysis and professional delivery like always.

Thanks Toronto49er! Fonoti is tough to move off the spot. He's one of those OL that consistently does a good job in keeping his hands inside & controlling a defender…where he has problems is trying to consistently 'play the piano' in the passing game. Which means being able to follow the defender with your hands and not losing track of him…so that's a knock. But in the running game, he'll excel all day long
Am I reading this right? FBGP ranked Carlos Hyde as the #14 running back in the draft, and Marcus Martin as the #9 center?

Well, at least we got the #1 FB with our last pick.
Originally posted by EmDiggy:

Niners are currently and will be for in the near future a run first team...and we need to fine Frank's replacement this year...I think they are thinking that both Lattimore and Hyde will have this year to learn and get a year under their belt before Frank leaves or retires...there are still some question regarding Lattimore's health...and Hyde fits the Niners style...But if things work out for both of these guys you are looking at the one two punch the Niners want at rb...and I think Hunter might be on the outside looking in...
how do u not love the Hyde pick? I think it was one of the best picks we made. guy is a stud, Gore's not gonna play forever, Hyde is probably gonna start with Latt when hes healthy and hunter will be the change of pace speedster if he stays with us. lamichael wont make it past the preseason as a niner i think.
Thanks, fine work all year long.

Share 49ersWebzone