There are 209 users in the forums

Costanzo's back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Originally posted by English:
You think we might keep Lloyd? I kind of viewing him as half out the door but I guess it depends on how he performs in TC and the preseasons.

B. Lloyd will definitely make the team based on his experience and his ability to get open. Besides we all saw what happens to this team when we lose talented wide receivers to injuries. Davis is prone to several hammy pulls a year too. He'll make it.

I think he is on the cusp. If I am laying money down its on him not making it.
agree with Eng, Lloyd couldn't even get on a team last year

That was his choice to not sign with a team. Here's what the media said today at the OTAs.

With so many receivers absent, veteran Brandon Lloyd was by far the most popular target. He's looked good – very good – in both sessions that have been open to the media.Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/06/03/6455397/ota-notes-josh-johnson-steps-up.html#storylink=cpy

You do know we didn't half our WRs at OTAs today, lockette was last years gem.

Lloyd is one dimensional and we don't use that many 3/4 WR sets. So he will be just taking space
Osgood plays all STs and can actually produce on STs, he can also sub in on some plays if needed.

Lloyd if cut will not be picked up by anyone unless they have some unfortunate injuries. So we can probably resign him later if needed.
Osgood will definitely get picked up if he gets cut, because he is really that good on STs
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
#1 talent? Don't even say Lloyd is a #1 talented WR, the guy was out for a year, and is pure crap IMO. Osgood did more for us good, than Lloyd did in 3 years here IMO.

Name a receiver that did anything during the time lloyd was here or any receiver that did anything years after. Nobody succeeded on the 9ers at that time. He's been a #1 receiver on the last 3 or 4 teams hes been on. How is that not a #1 talent?

Lloyd is one dimensional and we don't use that many 3/4 WR sets. So he will be just taking space
Osgood plays all STs and can actually produce on STs, he can also sub in on some plays if needed.

Lloyd if cut will not be picked up by anyone unless they have some unfortunate injuries. So we can probably resign him later if needed.
Osgood will definitely get picked up if he gets cut, because he is really that good on STs

Lmao lloyd will get picked up.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:

why are you on lloyd's nuts?
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Why aren't you? We have the chance to have amazing depth at a position we've needed depth every year and yall wanna throw that away for a gunner of all things. Theres plenty of guys that can play gunner.
TONY MONTANA... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...if only we could bring back dashon goldson lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Why aren't you? We have the chance to have amazing depth at a position we've needed depth every year and yall wanna throw that away for a gunner of all things. Theres plenty of guys that can play gunner.
lol at people who pooh pooh special teams and think anyone can play gunner. maybe luv is not on his nuts because she chooses not to be just like many of us. did you see the special ed teams on our super bowl team? were you even born then?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

are you lloydrules by any chance?
Originally posted by cciowa:

Lol no. He's just way better than anyone wants to give him credit for. Yall hold a grudge because he didn't succeed along with the other 53 guys back in 04. I believe this Costanzo move makes Osgood expendable on the unit we've actually needed help, kickoff coverage. We've been fine covering punts with or without Osgood.
lol at people who pooh pooh special teams and think anyone can play gunner. maybe luv is not on his nuts because she chooses not to be just like many of us. did you see the special ed teams on our super bowl team? were you even born then?

You obviously weren't. Matbe if you were you'd know we got burned on kickoffs not punts. I dont think anybody can play gunner but we have 2 guys that have proven to be very good. Morris and Spillman.

Lol no. He's just way better than anyone wants to give him credit for. Yall hold a grudge because he didn't succeed along with the other 53 guys back in 04. I believe this Costanzo move makes Osgood expendable on the unit we've actually needed help, kickoff coverage. We've been fine covering punts with or without Osgood.

He's ok, but he's at best the 4/5th WR that would hardly see the field.

We haven't been good on punts, 2011 awesome, 2012 worst in the league, 2013 better...2014 could be awesome with Osgood and Blake

We haven't been good on punts, 2011 awesome, 2012 worst in the league, 2013 better...2014 could be awesome with Osgood and Blake

I dont know. We seem to have the major gafs on kickoffs. I know Spillman and Morris can play gunner. Costanzo covers kickoffs like a madman. I want the depth at wr. We get caught with our pants down every year with our lack of wr depth.

Oh yea and wasn't Spillman a gunner when were top in the league in 2011?? Spillman Morris and Costanzo would be lethal.
  • Jiks
This is great. Our ST was somewhat of a weakness last year. With him and possibly Osgood running the show I could see a void filled.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
#1 talent? Don't even say Lloyd is a #1 talented WR, the guy was out for a year, and is pure crap IMO. Osgood did more for us good, than Lloyd did in 3 years here IMO.

Name a receiver that did anything during the time lloyd was here or any receiver that did anything years after. Nobody succeeded on the 9ers at that time. He's been a #1 receiver on the last 3 or 4 teams hes been on. How is that not a #1 talent?

Crabs is 10 times better than Lloyd, Boldin also. Vernon(Not a WR I know, but still more productive than Lloyd ever has been).

A #1 WR on 3 or 4 teams? I don't quite remember that way, or what the depth charts were like except, Wes Welker and Moss were more dominate(I think both were with Lloyd in NE) than Lloyd ever has been, Demeryius Thomas is a way better WR, Decker also. I don't see him as more than the #4 WR, and he has ZERO ST Value.
Share 49ersWebzone