LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Costanzo's back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Niners front office are doing a good job of filling potential holes till Bowman's return along with strengthening the special teams unit even further. Nicely done!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Gonna be some very hard cuts this year.
Tell me about it. He's strictly a ST guy. and I gotta re-order my final 53 predictions for sure because I cannot see us cutting him.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This BIG TIME!

Osgood was excellent on ST.

Didn't he also block a FG last season?

He almost lost us a game on special teams too. Falcons i think? When it comes to him bubba or costanzo, its osgood that has to go because theres a #1 talent that we'll be pushing off the roster just to keep him when we have monsters like Spillman who i think is very good gunner also.

I dont like letting special team players go either, but i'd rather have 4 #1 receivers than a gunner ace anyday. Especially when we have guys like morris Spillman and guys that we drafted that i'm sure can cover a punt.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
or craig dahl

I don't see us keeping 7 receivers.
I don't see us keeping 6.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
or craig dahl

I see 6. Crab Boldin Stevie Lloyd Patton Ellington.

They want the depth after whats happened the last 3 years.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Does this mean the Tony Montana Squad is back?

No.

Sorry Boobie. Now you are going to be the Patriots whipping boy until Brady retires.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Maybe it means we keep an xtra WR n Osgood possibly gets the ax?

Nope.
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
or craig dahl

I see 6. Crab Boldin Stevie Lloyd Patton Ellington.

They want the depth after whats happened the last 3 years.
I don't see Lloyd making the final 53.
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This BIG TIME!

Osgood was excellent on ST.

Didn't he also block a FG last season?

He almost lost us a game on special teams too. Falcons i think? When it comes to him bubba or costanzo, its osgood that has to go because theres a #1 talent that we'll be pushing off the roster just to keep him when we have monsters like Spillman who i think is very good gunner also.

I dont like letting special team players go either, but i'd rather have 4 #1 receivers than a gunner ace anyday. Especially when we have guys like morris Spillman and guys that we drafted that i'm sure can cover a punt.

#1 talent? Don't even say Lloyd is a #1 talented WR, the guy was out for a year, and is pure crap IMO. Osgood did more for us good, than Lloyd did in 3 years here IMO.
Awesome! Now find a way to bring back Colin Jones and we can re-create that 2011 special teams magic (minus Kyle Williams of course)
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM ]

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Gonna be some very hard cuts this year.

you aint lyin'

raiders will prob get 5 guys or so...
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Why?

Why not?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Whats wrong with Costanzo's back?

The problem is behind him.

you saw what i did there....
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
#1 talent? Don't even say Lloyd is a #1 talented WR, the guy was out for a year, and is pure crap IMO. Osgood did more for us good, than Lloyd did in 3 years here IMO.

Exaggerate much lol?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
You think we might keep Lloyd? I kind of viewing him as half out the door but I guess it depends on how he performs in TC and the preseasons.

B. Lloyd will definitely make the team based on his experience and his ability to get open. Besides we all saw what happens to this team when we lose talented wide receivers to injuries. Davis is prone to several hammy pulls a year too. He'll make it.

I think he is on the cusp. If I am laying money down its on him not making it.
agree with Eng, Lloyd couldn't even get on a team last year

That was his choice to not sign with a team. Here's what the media said today at the OTAs.

With so many receivers absent, veteran Brandon Lloyd was by far the most popular target. He's looked good – very good – in both sessions that have been open to the media.Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/06/03/6455397/ota-notes-josh-johnson-steps-up.html#storylink=cpy
Share 49ersWebzone