There are 248 users in the forums

Costanzo's back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If he can make the final roster that gives us a much better chance of keeping six WRs including Brandon Lloyd cuz it probably would make Osgood expendable on ST.
Oh wow -- great point!

I'm secretly rooting for Lloyd to make the team. I know a lot of people don't want him / think he's redundant, but I think he'd provide nice depth. :)

Osgood is so good on ST tho
we need STs , not players who will not suit up
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If he can make the final roster that gives us a much better chance of keeping six WRs including Brandon Lloyd cuz it probably would make Osgood expendable on ST.

You think we might keep Lloyd? I kind of viewing him as half out the door but I guess it depends on how he performs in TC and the preseasons.

That was my thought. Lloyd would make the team and Osgood would be the man out.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
You tell me there is a chance that we could see Borland + Costanzo knock people out together on ST ? Who knows if he makes the 53 but pre- season is gonna be fun.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jun 3, 2014 at 10:53 AM ]
Lowell Cohn just fainted from fanboy joy
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
I think Osgood makes the team over lloyd. I see the Costanza signing as an Anthony Dixon replacement. We're gonna miss him on ST's.

I think you're right. If we release a player, my bet would be Ventrone since he was essentially Constanzo's replacement when he went to the Bears.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Osgood

Lloyd
ST competition is going to be TOUGH!!!

Ousting Osgood seems like a bad idea. But who goes?...

Costanzo, Spillman, Moody or Osgood... I see 2 if those guys making it.
Def gotta keep Osgood! He's made a living as a special teams star in the league
Maybe it means we keep an xtra WR n Osgood possibly gets the ax?

This is a great thing if Costanzo can still play at the same level as when he was here before. ST should be right at the top of the League again.

Wish there was a way to stash a couple more players. Final cut is going to be very painful this year. I would love to have all of them on ST (Costanzo, Osgood, C.J., Ventrone, etc) - it would be epic.
How many ILBs do we now have? Willis, Bowman, Wilholte, Borland, Skov, Moody, Costanzo......how many do we normally keep on the 53? 5 maybe?
The #49ers will release guard Al Netter to make room for Blake Costanzo, league source says.
Whats wrong with Costanzo's back?
  • cools
  • Veteran
Ventrone is the punt protector, and serves other roles on ST's
Costanzo could take his spot, and the Niners would have an extra/emergency ILB active on game days
[ Edited by cools on Jun 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone