LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Contract Extentions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OldJoe:
13.75 is absurd.

The cap will rise making NFL QB salary now nearly insignificant. If this is anywhere close to reality, in 4 years they will add $25 mill in money. More than Kap's salary which will be fixed by then and QBs will be going for $26 mill instead of $18.

Alienating our QB, as you suggest would be brilliant. Franchising would cost more that year than anything else we could do and would for sure lose players next year when the franchise price for a QB is, what $26 mill? In that scenario you are more apt to have to cut key players.

Like I said, can't wait for Luck, Tannehill, and Foles to demand their 25 million a year contract. How much you want to bet that their fan base would gladly pay if they were half as accomplished as Colin
[ Edited by sevenup3000 on Jun 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by buck:
What has Crabtree done for the team in his five years?

His team rank for the past five regular seasons.

His team rank in the play-offs.

I am not saying that he should be extended or that he should not be extended.

I do have a dog in that fight.

Maybe, Crabtree should have put up better numbers, but calling him pretty much useless for four of his five years seems wrong.

No offense buck,
But the team rankings for the niners WR corps don't really mean much to me.

I'm pretty confident other WR out there making less than he is would put up similar rankings.

No offense taken. But, let's be clear I am not advocating that Crabtree be or not be extended.

You called Crabtree "pretty much useless" for four of his five years with the team.

The numbers clearly demonstrate that Crabtree was, for the 49ers, very useful.

Your claim that Crabtree was pretty much useless seems both petty and inane.
Originally posted by hohbie:
49ers wanted the 12-13 per range, Kaep wanted the 17-18 per range. Hopefully they can fall in agreement at about 15 per with some bonuses that he can obtain to raise it such as winning the Superbowl.

"49ers wanted the 12-13 per range" Where did you see this?
It seems like the modern-day contract is to have a low base salary (cap hit) the first year, lots of guaranteed money up front and 5 & 6-year deals which really are structured 3 & 4-year deals with excalators high on the back end (like Carlos Rogers' contract). This is great as long as you don't have to pony up at the end like we had to with Carlos d/t Culliver's injury.

Does AB or anyone have any realistic parameters (sorry if already posted elsewhere)?

PS: Thanks buck for your previous paramaters/predictions. Well done!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
No offense buck,
But the team rankings for the niners WR corps don't really mean much to me.

I'm pretty confident other WR out there making less than he is would put up similar rankings.

Oh, like Kyle Williams and Marlon Moore?
Good call Sayze and Buck. Quest obviously is blinded by his hate for Crab. I'm not advocating to sign him back either again I think he may want to play in Texas. That said your just ignorant to call him useless and he is still our best WR and we are better with him on the field so if you let him go you better have somebody just as good or better. I don't care what Crabs did when Smith was the QB never said he was Josh Gordon but he became a true #1 after the QB switch in 2012. He's a playmaker and we don't have enough of them so again you let him go you better replace that production or we are going to look how we did before he came back last year on O like crap.
Originally posted by ayetee:
"49ers wanted the 12-13 per range" Where did you see this?

Cant find it now but thought I read that somewhere. When they started negotiations the number 18 mil came from Kaepernick's camp and then talks stopped saying they were too far apart so maybe I just made up that number.
Share 49ersWebzone