LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 145 users in the forums

Do the niners have the most talented offense in the league?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I'm with you on the qb part however in the WR and RB department we should be in the top 3 on a talent basis( I think any team not the bears would die to have Crabs ,Q, Stevie ( and the soon to be designated wr Vernon Davis(jk) I'm assuming Hyde or Lattimore will show and if given the opportunity Kendal hunter .. Again this speaks only to talent.. Its up to Romaurbh to utalize it

Agreed. I'm excited for our WR's. Johnson, Boldin, Davis, Crabtree, with 2 rookies that can contribute (Ellington, Patton). Now like most people say, Using all 4 effectively will be the challenge for Roman and Harbaugh.
Originally posted by cciowa:
the more little red boxes you get filled up, the wiser you will become to the ways of the zone

You should lend me 5 red boxes. Please!!!!!!!
Reading this thread start to finish, it is amazing how many share the same feeling re: roman. And that is he is not the man for the job. My season would be great if we start off with roman in the pressbox eating twinkies and no microphone. That would be a huge leap forward. Whether JH called the games at end of last yr or not, he SHOULD be calling them this yr. We've had 3 yrs of roman learning on the job and he is a run play caller. Period. Using a passing game to set up the running game is not part of his game plan. Running frank between tackles is, esp 60% of the plays on first down. That is literally giving your game plan to the D. That along with the bullschidt rope a dope method of getting plays in to kap were enough for this old fan. I would hope to see neither this yr and that means roman NOT calling plays. Please Lord, make it so. JH has the talent to call his own plays. He should do so...and lean on his QB for his input also. I don't see roman as part of this equation.
Pasodoc--this will be the season where I make up my mind, to a greater degree, regarding Roman. If he was protecting Kaepernick and dumbing down the offense until they were all up to speed...fine. But if there is not a huge jump in production this year I will be very unhappy...unless they win the Super Bowl, in which case I'll find something else to complain about!
Originally posted by BobS:
You can't be serious. If we had the most talented offense we would not be in the bottom 10 in total yardage.

hes not talking about last year genius
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Pasodoc--this will be the season where I make up my mind, to a greater degree, regarding Roman. If he was protecting Kaepernick and dumbing down the offense until they were all up to speed...fine. But if there is not a huge jump in production this year I will be very unhappy...unless they win the Super Bowl, in which case I'll find something else to complain about!

Never thought that maybe Roman was taking it easy on Kaep, good insight.
I'm willing to give Roman some slack on those grounds. But I do agree, there better be some amazing plays this year, especially with the weapons we have.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Never thought that maybe Roman was taking it easy on Kaep, good insight.
I'm willing to give Roman some slack on those grounds. But I do agree, there better be some amazing plays this year, especially with the weapons we have.

The last part you wrote is the key. There will be no excuses this year if we have an ineffective offense. Go Hawks! I mean, Go 49ers!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:
Originally posted by cciowa:
the more little red boxes you get filled up, the wiser you will become to the ways of the zone

You should lend me 5 red boxes. Please!!!!!!!

horrors. i hoard them like 7th round draft choices
The offense has had it's hand held and carried long enough by the defense. It's time they dominate.
Originally posted by facestabber:
The offense has had it's hand held and carried long enough by the defense. It's time they dominate.

This. enough baby sitting Kap, let him fly!!! the only logical reasoning behind us not being a dominant offense last year is that kap wasnt familiar enough with the offense to go out there and use his weapons to their full potential. this year, with even more weapons and another year in the same offense, theres no reason we shouldnt be putting up 30 or so points a game in my opinion. if were not getting near that number, roman seriously needs to be handed his walking papers

No one can conclusively blame roman. All we know is that there is a problem with Haromakap. How the blame divides other than that is pure conjecture. Who can say for sure unless you are dialed in to training camp/the game headset and so on.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No one can conclusively blame roman. All we know is that there is a problem with Haromakap. How the blame divides other than that is pure conjecture. Who can say for sure unless you are dialed in to training camp/the game headset and so on.

This is a really stupid name. I wish you just say Harbaugh, Roman and Kap, or just say "the offense".
[ Edited by RicetoYoung on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:56 PM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:

This is a really stupid name. I wish you just say Harbaugh, Roman and Kap, or just say "the offense".

Originally posted by luv49rs:

There's a convention of combining harbaugh and roman when referring to both together, Haroman. I threw Kap in as well because some have made the case that the game plan was being adjusted significantly for his capabilities last year.

So it's a tradition.

Did you have a comment on the point being made, that it's tough to just single out Roman as the cause of all evil?
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jun 10, 2014 at 3:08 PM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by luv49rs:

There's a convention of combining harbaugh and roman when referring to both together, Haroman. I threw Kap in as well because some have made the case that the game plan was being adjusted significantly for his capabilities last year.

So it's a tradition.

Did you have a comment on the point being made, that it's tough to just single out Roman as the cause of all evil?

i agree with the bolded
Share 49ersWebzone