LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Do the niners have the most talented offense in the league?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:
That's the question. We have so much talent, there would be no excuse for it being ineffective. It's weird but we were 11th in the NFL in points per game last year. I can't see how we won't be a top 10 offense this year. Unless Roman really sucks.

As mentioned before our defense and special teams contributed over 40 points to our offenive point totals, above the league average. And many short fields.

As mentioned before, we have good skill talent on offense and better starters on the line, but the sum total of personnel + play design + play calling seems to underachieve in games. You can go ahead and blame haromakap for that, if you like.

Don't forget Phil Dawson when you crow about our stakked offence.
No, but I hear Kap has the fattest cankles in the NFC west
Originally posted by Rascal:
No way Jose !!

1) We have a QB that can't go through his progression reads and lacks accuracy with poor ball placement with his touch passes.

2) A backfield that lacks explosiveness and speed.

3) A receiving corps which lacks size and speed to make big plays to stretch the field (with the exception of a TE aka Vernon who wants a new contract and can you blame him ?)

Let's talk again when Baalke can prove to the whole world that he can actually pick a decent WR talent such as an Alshon Jeffrey in the 2nd round instead of blowing a 1st round pick on a bust in AJ Jenkins.

I'm with you on the qb part however in the WR and RB department we should be in the top 3 on a talent basis( I think any team not the bears would die to have Crabs ,Q, Stevie ( and the soon to be designated wr Vernon Davis(jk) I'm assuming Hyde or Lattimore will show and if given the opportunity Kendal hunter .. Again this speaks only to talent.. Its up to Romaurbh to utalize it
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If only Roman would get his head out of his ass

I'm leaning towards this direction also, I feel there is so much more we can do.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Our Oline is considered one of the best before Marcus Martin.
Our TEs have all the talent in the world and also is among the league's best.
RBs we just added two nimble 230 plus pound backs. One of them will break out and punish D's and get us our short yard conversions.
Wrs ..Maybe the bears have it better than us , but again were up there with the best on a talent basis.
Qb. Kap......

I understand there are a lot of rookies and question marks but on a talent basis I think we are fielding the most talented , complete AND DEEP Offensive squad in the NFL.

If Roman can get the most from this talent without being predictable and Kap can spread the ball around and doesn't have any 3 turnover 4th quarters we could be darn near unstoppable.

There are two problems with your post. Until Kaep learns to be a pocket passer, look for more than one receiver on a play and Roman learns how to call plays other than Gore up the middle it will not work. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't know what to do with it, it means nothing but another disappointing year for the fans.
Stanford offense under Jim Harbaugh:

2007: 322.5 6 total yards (W-4, L-8)
2008: 351.8 6 total yards (W-5, L-7)
2009: 427.6 total yards (W-8, L-5)
2010: 472.5 total yards (W-12, L-1)

His offense can be successful and I don't believe it's just a college offense. The players are in place...what has held them back?

1) Change of QB to an inexperienced guy. This is obvious and JH has done a great job protecting QBs--first Smith and now Kaepernick.
2) WRs...or lack thereof! Can't throw when guys are tripping over the lines on the field.
3) OL was very young and is now coming into their own.
4) Adjusting playcalling to more competent defenses.

There are more reasons but these seem pretty obvious and it also seems obvious the talent is in place now and...for damn sake...they have been winning!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
This should be a top 10 offense easy and perhaps a top 5. We have a top 5 TE, 4 1000 yard NFL receivers, a potential HOF'er RB along with two of the best college RBs in their respective classes and what is considered one of the best Olines in the league that got better by getting the best college center. With real competence we should be a top 5 offense. 3 things I worry about though:

Pass Blocking
Greg Roman
Kap's development.

Considering Kap has more targets than just about anybody in the league, I expect that to be a relative non issue, but it still concerns me. Pass Blocking, we suck at. Our OLine gets a lot of credit, but we're just not that good at pass blocking. Hopefully that gets better. Greg needs to be more creative and just start letting our RBs catch the ball and Kap needs to throw to them. Underneath stuff should be open all year so as long as we start hitting those, we're gonna be very tough to stop.
No one denies we have talent. But it's production that counts, and by no means do we have the most productive offense in the NFL. Not by a long shot.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
As mentioned before our defense and special teams contributed over 40 points to our offenive point totals, above the league average. And many short fields.

As mentioned before, we have good skill talent on offense and better starters on the line, but the sum total of personnel + play design + play calling seems to underachieve in games. You can go ahead and blame haromakap for that, if you like.

"As mentioned before."

You obviously didn't see that I'm a new member. Easy with the self righteous attitude. You're on a website, nobody cares how cool you are.
[ Edited by RicetoYoung on Jun 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

"As mentioned before."

You obviously didn't see that I'm a new member. Easy with the self righteous attitude. You're on a website, nobody cares who cool you are.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:

"As mentioned before."

You obviously didn't see that I'm a new member. Easy with the self righteous attitude. You're on a website, nobody cares who cool you are.

now that luv is a mod i bet qbguru is out of his mind right now in regards to what those two were talking about, i am glad we have a great field goal kicker who we know can win a game at the end but all those times we had to settle for three and not 7 . we can get by with that stuff vs most teams but as we saw getting 3 vs the hawks instead of 7 after the fumble, actually gave them momentum . that really has to change this year, captain obvious here .

"As mentioned before."

Sorry, didn't like the posters condescending attitude. It was uncalled for.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

"As mentioned before."

Sorry, didn't like the posters condescending attitude. It was uncalled for.

let the mods worry about that, thanks

Ok. Sounds good.
[ Edited by RicetoYoung on Jun 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Ok. Sounds good.

the more little red boxes you get filled up, the wiser you will become to the ways of the zone
Share 49ersWebzone