LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Do the niners have the most talented offense in the league?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Talentwise yes we do if you look at the o-line,receivers,TE's, RB's and QB, its amazing. I just think we are held down by our OC's ineptness and predictability.
Hoping this is the year with all the weapons he finally adapts and allows us to use more 3 and 4 receiver sets...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
No way Jose !!

1) We have a QB that can't go through his progression reads and lacks accuracy with poor ball placement with his touch passes.

2) A backfield that lacks explosiveness and speed.

3) A receiving corps which lacks size and speed to make big plays to stretch the field (with the exception of a TE aka Vernon who wants a new contract and can you blame him ?)

Let's talk again when Baalke can prove to the whole world that he can actually pick a decent WR talent such as an Alshon Jeffrey in the 2nd round instead of blowing a 1st round pick on a bust in AJ Jenkins.
I think it goes well beyond the offense...when Baalke's done, we could have the most talent on offense, defense and ST's. TB is loading up...it's SB or bust, and he's assembling a team that simply won't be denied.
Yes. Excited to see this offense mesh into something great.
No, I can think of 2-3 other teams off the top of my head that are more talented.Btw, waaaay too early to be asking, we dont even know whos going to make the final 53.

"On paper"?? Where has anyone gotten with anything being talented on paper? f**k bein talented on paper.Offseason fap material for some imho.
Cant wait to see what they do...
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by BobS:
You can't be serious. If we had the most talented offense we would not be in the bottom 10 in total yardage.

the players are in place no doubt, its the damn coaching that prevents us from putting up at least 4 tds. whether its playcalling or that bs conservative calling when were up

Your absolutely right! We may have the most talented team in the league, but its not the players who call the plays.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by BobS:
You can't be serious. If we had the most talented offense we would not be in the bottom 10 in total yardage.

the players are in place no doubt, its the damn coaching that prevents us from putting up at least 4 tds. whether its playcalling or that bs conservative calling when were up

Your absolutely right! We may have the most talented team in the league, but its not the players who call the plays.

I just enjoy the fact that the opposing defense is able to predict the play-call five seconds into the playclock and Roman is still trying to figure out what he's going to call 15 seconds into the clock. That's just awesome to watch EVERY SINGLE DOWN!
Originally posted by Geeked:
I just enjoy the fact that the opposing defense is able to predict the play-call five seconds into the playclock and Roman is still trying to figure out what he's going to call 15 seconds into the clock. That's just awesome to watch EVERY SINGLE DOWN!

I still can't believe that Roman is employed by the 49ers. It's almost like the FO isn't paying attention to how ineffective our offense is during the season.
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:
Originally posted by Geeked:

I still can't believe that Roman is employed by the 49ers. It's almost like the FO isn't paying attention to how ineffective our offense is during the season.

I really share your frustration.

But JH also shares a huge part of the blame. Roman is his guy AND the plays & game plan go through JH.

Hopefully, this is the year it all comes together.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Jun 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM ]

No but they might have the most talented OffenSe....
This team will never win the big games as long as Dan Reeves is calling the plays!
From top to bottom, we have the most talent on offense, bar-none. Question is, can HarRoman take advantage of all this talent? Right now the offense is constricted by the lack of creativity in the passing game, and an inability to involve young, skill position players.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
From top to bottom, we have the most talent on offense, bar-none. Question is, can HarRoman take advantage of all this talent? Right now the offense is constricted by the lack of creativity in the passing game, and an inability to involve young, skill position players.

no
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That's the question. We have so much talent, there would be no excuse for it being ineffective. It's weird but we were 11th in the NFL in points per game last year. I can't see how we won't be a top 10 offense this year. Unless Roman really sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone