LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

What Would Have Happened Had Matt Bahr Missed That FG in the 90' NFC Champioship Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It almost didn't go in and had he missed it somehow at the buzzer, would the Steve Young led 49ers been able to beat the 90' BILLS in the Super Bowl? I honestly feel had the 49ers won the GIANTS game with a Bahr miss, the Super Bowl would have been a Shootout with the Bills somehow winning say like 34-31 similar to the Epic 92' BILLS vs 49ers game. Anyway just had a nostalgic 49er moment watching NFL Network.
Young wouldve beat the Bills. He was an absolute animal those years!
They would've been crowned the #1 team of all-time. Still hurts.
We would've smashed the bills.

/thread
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

no he was not. not at that time. he pissed big games down his legs till we had to buy some defensive free agents in 94. we probably would have beat the bills but i tell ya,,, young would have been a deer in the head lights,,,, roger craig was on his last legs so we had no run game. we could have lost vs the bills. our defense was pretty good, maybe they would have scored a touchdown, taylor would have taken a punt back, and rice would have scored on a ten yard pass he would have busted for 70 yards and we win 21-10
For me, worst loss in Niners history because it ended what would have no doubt been a three-peat. Thank you for tearing that scab off again.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on May 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM ]
Would have made boomers pick come true
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Worst loss in Niners history.
Horrible loss that still stings. Not sure it's any worse then watching Richard Sherman end our season then talk trash.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

no he was not. not at that time. he pissed big games down his legs till we had to buy some defensive free agents in 94. we probably would have beat the bills but i tell ya,,, young would have been a deer in the head lights,,,, roger craig was on his last legs so we had no run game. we could have lost vs the bills. our defense was pretty good, maybe they would have scored a touchdown, taylor would have taken a punt back, and rice would have scored on a ten yard pass he would have busted for 70 yards and we win 21-10

lol the Bills dont win Super Bowls. Of course we wouldve won.

No that loss was the most devastating loss in 49ers history way worse than last year's NFC Title game. Dick Sherman talking trash just showed what an ignorant tool he is. We pay him back this year Madden Cover Boy thank God Kap lost that one that reward is a death sentence unless your AP. That Giants game still hurts not only for the 3 peat but basically ended the greatest QB of all time tenure with the greatest dynasty of all time. It still hurts watching Marshall destroy Joe. I don't think we beat the Bills. Our O line sucked and the Bills had an awesome pass rush. Craig sucked so we couldn't run. If we had '92 or later Young we probably win but I think with Joe being out and having to throw in a still run first Young we lose that Super Bowl by 6. It's a crying shame we will never know though.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Worst loss in Niners history.

The 1990 and 2011 NFC Title games are why my hate for the NY Giants burns the hottest of any team.
Me and my buddies seen Roger Craig at Tower Records in San Mateo flipping through cd's a few years after that loss and one of my friends blurted out "fumble" really loud to remind Roger of our disappointment. Can't win it if you don't get there.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The 1990 and 2011 NFC Title games are why my hate for the NY Giants burns the hottest of any team.

Both games we beat ourselves and gifted NY two Super Bowls.
Aside from the obvious memories of 1990 (joes injury,fumble), I just remember how ineffective the run game was at the start if the season (70 ypg ave first 5 games) and then how good it was to finish the year (164 ypg last 4 games). Unfortunately that up trend didn't carryover to the playoffs. However, I do think we could have beat buffalo with steve. It would have been tough but if NyG could beat them with hostetler, we sure as hell could've too. Young was finally getting comfortable in the WCO by 1990 (62% w 93 qb rating) and it was shown by his numbers the following year. Id say with joe we would have beaten buffalo by like 10-14, especially with history on the line. With steve I think it would have been like a 3-7 point win.
[ Edited by Niners816 on May 31, 2014 at 8:24 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone