There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The new pass rush.. are you a believer?

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankie:
Darryl morris is sooooo fast too... This is insane

arguably the fastest guy on the roster...
OKOYE, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really rooting for Okoye
That cant be right. Morris runs 4.3. Muzt have pulled A ham.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
A lot of unknown but def reason to be optimistic. Lynch is a big wild card. I read about some concerns about his weight fluctuating. Is he at 260 or 240 now? Seems like 240 is too light for a LB, no?

Wonder how Okoye has progressed as well...

a lot of unknown to you maybe, but I know my 49ers.

I'm excited to see aaron lynch, I think he's going to be something special for us, probably the guy who can take over for Brooks when his time is up.

Lemonier showed promise, but it's still to soon to tell exactly. But I want to see how Wilhoite will handle the ILB with Willis. We will probably need Willis to get on that ball a little more than before without bowman. Skuta didn't look bad last year.

I think Carradine will be fun to watch, and definitely stoked to get Ian Williams back at NT, he showed a lot of great signs of being a star, let's just hope this past injury didn't affect his mind and play.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Lynch looked beastly against Notre Dame

When did Aaron Lynch play against Notre Dame?

Sacks are overrated....pressure is what really matters.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:

making them uncomfortable with that pressure and making them make poor choices
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by kray28:

making them uncomfortable with that pressure and making them make poor choices

exactly , hard to make plays when you have maroon & gold jerseys chasing your ass down
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
A lot of unknown but def reason to be optimistic. Lynch is a big wild card. I read about some concerns about his weight fluctuating. Is he at 260 or 240 now? Seems like 240 is too light for a LB, no?

a lot of unknown to you maybe, but I know my 49ers.

I'm excited to see aaron lynch, I think he's going to be something special for us, probably the guy who can take over for Brooks when his time is up.

Lemonier showed promise, but it's still to soon to tell exactly. But I want to see how Wilhoite will handle the ILB with Willis. We will probably need Willis to get on that ball a little more than before without bowman. Skuta didn't look bad last year.

I think Carradine will be fun to watch, and definitely stoked to get Ian Williams back at NT, he showed a lot of great signs of being a star, let's just hope this past injury didn't affect his mind and play.

After reading what you wrote, everybody listed above is still an unknown or unproven, but we all have reason for optimism. I'm hoping Tank becomes the next superstar of the defense.
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on May 29, 2014 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I'm really rooting for Okoye
Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Okoye too, but I sure as hell do not consider him "part of our new pass rush"!

With our coaching staff, they will bring the best out of our players... remember when Singletary was here and Jim came in the in and with the same group got us to the Championship.
While I question some things about the team, I never question a few things. One is Jim Harbaugh and QBs. Another is Baalke's ability to find DBs later in the draft. The third being the one that applies to this thread, the teams ability to find and develop quality DL and LBs. That is why I have full confidence that the pass rush will be awesome this year. Acknowledging that Aldon will likely be suspended, I'm thinking 4 games, the pass rush will be fine.

Lemonier looked really good last year and I think his evolution will continue, I also like Skuta in base downs. Ian Williams coming back has the ability to give us more of a push at NT and I truly believe Tank Carradine would have been a top 10-15 pick and had huge impact as a rookie if he were healthy.

Pass rushing is the type of thing you either have or you don't and Tank has it. I see him playing a role very similar to what Aldon played his rookie season, coming in on 3rd down/pass rushing situations and going after the passer while developing at his future position (3-4 end of course different from Aldon's OLB but still a very similar role to what AS played his rookie year)
Originally posted by matt49er:
While I question some things about the team, I never question a few things. One is Jim Harbaugh and QBs. Another is Baalke's ability to find DBs later in the draft. The third being the one that applies to this thread, the teams ability to find and develop quality DL and LBs. That is why I have full confidence that the pass rush will be awesome this year. Acknowledging that Aldon will likely be suspended, I'm thinking 4 games, the pass rush will be fine.

Lemonier looked really good last year and I think his evolution will continue, I also like Skuta in base downs. Ian Williams coming back has the ability to give us more of a push at NT and I truly believe Tank Carradine would have been a top 10-15 pick and had huge impact as a rookie if he were healthy.

Pass rushing is the type of thing you either have or you don't and Tank has it. I see him playing a role very similar to what Aldon played his rookie season, coming in on 3rd down/pass rushing situations and going after the passer while developing at his future position (3-4 end of course different from Aldon's OLB but still a very similar role to what AS played his rookie year)

Agreed.

I Tank will be a huge weapon for us in Nickel situations.
Originally posted by buck:
When did Aaron Lynch play against Notre Dame?

Didn't he play for Notre Dame his first year?