There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Training Camp Thread

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN/status/499720590597832705

@BWilliamsonESPN #49ers Marcus Lattimore still doing drills on his own. Looks good. Still no word from team on when they are going to cut him loose.

They're not going to cut him loose Bill. He'll make the regular season roster but probably won't even dress most of the time. Williamson must be the worst beat writer the 49ers have.

I think he means unleash him, not cut him from the roster.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

@BWilliamsonESPN #49ers Marcus Lattimore still doing drills on his own. Looks good. Still no word from team on when they are going to cut him loose.

They're not going to cut him loose Bill. He'll make the regular season roster but probably won't even dress most of the time. Williamson must be the worst beat writer the 49ers have.

No what I think he means is cut him loose in terms of allowing him to practice. Not cutting him from the roster. I can see how you could make that assumption, I almost did as well. Its just bad writing.

I'm betting it may have to do with LMJ'S health and Hampton's ability. They might keep him on the PUP so guys like mcray or Okoye can make the team.
DP
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM ]
DP
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM ]
Lattimore will be kept on ice till he's needed later in the season should Gore, Hyde or LMJ go down.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Lattimore will be kept on ice till he's needed later in the season should Gore, Hyde or LMJ go down.

I agree. Even with Hunter down and LMJ banged up, the FO has to be pretty content with Gore and Hyde. Lattimore isn't needed so why rush him.

^^ ha ha just beat me
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM ]

^^ ha ha just beat me

Who took this photo? Megan Fox? The fellas seem to be liking what they're seeing!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Who took this photo? Megan Fox? The fellas seem to be liking what they're seeing!

close. it was michael sam
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

I think he means unleash him, not cut him from the roster.

Bill Williamson is the worst beat writer the Niners have. I think Williamson hates his job. He's always a day late and never has breaking news; not to mention his writing is very lazy.

^^ ha ha just beat me

Things like that happen when I'm busy procrastinating.
I hope the niners keep guys like Kenneth Acker and LJ McCray. I believe both will be taken asap if on the practice squad. The niners have many players who could help a whole lot of teams. I suspect some good ones may wind up on the Ravens, however it pains me to see guys like Dahl, Spillman and Ventrone kept when there is real players around with real potential. Of course special teams are important but that presumes all the players are not capable special teams guys. When you have a a mass of talented players, I think you keep them as it is not easy to find quality players who can be more then special teams.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Must be a mental block hes struggling with.

I'm just hoping this is Harbaugh an Baalke trying to be slick.

BTW, whats up with Hunter? Is he officially off the team?
Going to Fridays practice at levis' with vip tixs! (still not sure what the difference is but i'm excited!