There are 209 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium CAN get loud, if our fans aren't silent

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by crabman82:
lots of speculation about this topic. the good thing is we're pretty close to finding out. all in all it depends on the fans. seattles stadium is built to hold in the noise, but the fans still have to be willing to make the noise, and know when to do it.

FWIW I've heard from many people who have been to Hawks games that the crowd is no rowdier than your average football crowd. Their stadium design just makes that much of a difference.

i know the stadium is designed to hold in the noise and all that but i can tell you from going to games at the kingdome, they were loud there too.

umm... all domes are loud. There is literally nowhere for the sound to go.
This thread is putting the official thread down the list. should be merged though, not really a different enough topic to be on it's own
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Thnx 4 the friendly post and hopefully you're right. It would be nice to see the 'Hawks offense fight the same noise issues in Levi's that all the visiting offenses in Centurylink always have.
Don't know if we can break world records but we can try to continue SEA winless streak here vs us

We can break the record if we pump in noise just like they do
You dont have to be able to pump in noise to be loud. Case in point, I was at the STICK this year. We were up and when Gore broke that run, the Stick went f'ing nuts. No one was sitting till the end of the game. That was my first visit, and if I was a Niner fan I would be proud of my home crowd that day. You people went bananas up by 2 and that crowd was a rockin!!! Russell had a hard time getting his calls in and a harder time with the hike. Your teams INT was the knockout blow. I believe your fans did a good job hyping your defense that set of downs. There was no wine sippin bandwagoners sittin around. That crowd was just like a C-Link crowd.
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
You dont have to be able to pump in noise to be loud. Case in point, I was at the STICK this year. We were up and when Gore broke that run, the Stick went f'ing nuts. No one was sitting till the end of the game. That was my first visit, and if I was a Niner fan I would be proud of my home crowd that day. You people went bananas up by 2 and that crowd was a rockin!!! Russell had a hard time getting his calls in and a harder time with the hike. Your teams INT was the knockout blow. I believe your fans did a good job hyping your defense that set of downs. There was no wine sippin bandwagoners sittin around. That crowd was just like a C-Link crowd.

Wow, thanks for the feedback! It's always good to get an outside opinion other than season ticket holders. Are you going to Levi's Stadium this year?

Wow, thanks for the feedback! It's always good to get an outside opinion other than season ticket holders. Are you going to Levi's Stadium this year?

• Antix
  • Veteran
I think the crowd will be raucous if for no other reason than the fans want to rival Seattle's. Its a new era and we're trying to get 6 so I have no concerns about the crowd.
Originally posted by highwayone:

Probably not. Just had a friend who couldn't make it for the game due to visiting his family for the holidays. I always seem lucky though that a friend tends to ask me before others when tickets are for sale.
It seems any diehard 49er fan can simultaneously respect and hate the extreme noise advantage that CenturyLink Stadium provides to the Seahawks. I think Jed York and the 49ers front office are aware of this and are poised to make Levi's a noisy nuisance to opposing teams during home games.

Check out this link from Inside Science that argues for Levi's being a noise menace in its own right.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/04/17/san-francisco-49ers-new-levis-stadium-designed-to-rival-seahawks-stadium-for-crowd-noise-super-bowl-l-santa-clara-acoustic-guiness-record-12th-man/

In short, the stadium is intimately built in that the media tower side of the oval is truncated creating a snug fit. Also the media tower has reflective properties designed to push sound back into the field. Other beat writers have reported that the lower bowl has 45k seats and the first row of seats is the closest to the field in the NFL.

The average decibel level at the Clink is likely in the 112 range. (Power saw or a loud rock concert). And it goes much higher. The Stick was a horrible noise venue and ranged between 78 and 92 decibels and sometimes touched over 100 in huge moments. If Levi's can regularly approach 105 to 115 decibels (while not setting any Guinness world records) it will be loud enough to cause false starts, wasted timeouts, disrupt audibles, and give our DL a snap count jump. Imagine using the hawks' own dirty trick against them and seeing their offense get ruined.

Any thoughts and comments on the Inside Science article or the topic in general? Does anyone have any other insights as to Levi's expected noise capabilities?
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM ]

I have faith in the new South Bay fans....
I am hoping the new stadium design makes a difference
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
5 superbowls without a sound advantage, whereas another team is 1-1 in super bowls with one. I think at one time this team in the past won 18+ away games straight. Point is there may be a positive in *not* having a sound advantage on home field territory.
Originally posted by Giedi:
5 superbowls without a sound advantage, whereas another team is 1-1 in super bowls with one. I think at one time this team in the past won 18+ away games straight. Point is there may be a positive in *not* having a sound advantage on home field territory.

This is not accurate. Our advantage was having Bill Walsh Montana Rice Lott etc. The CLink definitely has factored into our losses there and some of the freakish things that happen to us up there like lopsided losses and multiple turnover quarters. Things we don't do at any other time
It's not a bad thing to have, playing these games every sunday, a team definitely can use all of the advantages it can get it hands on. I'm just hoping this year, it doesn't matter what the noise levels are and we just put the beat down on any team to get this 6th superbowl.
Share 49ersWebzone