There are 222 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium CAN get loud, if our fans aren't silent

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It was built in such a way that sound with be amplified and bounce back onto the field. People have been saying for years since the first renderings came out that the stadium looked like it would be quiet and the anti-Seattle. These claims were baseless but began to be accepted as if they were facts. So here is an article proving that isn't true.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/04/17/san-francisco-49ers-new-levis-stadium-designed-to-rival-seahawks-stadium-for-crowd-noise-super-bowl-l-santa-clara-acoustic-guiness-record-12th-man/

EDIT: 10/10/14: The architecture does in fact allow Levi's to get louder than Candlestick, though not as loud as Seattle or KC. However, currently that is moot because our fans aren't getting loud enough in general (except when we are on offense in the 4th quarter )
[ Edited by TheRambler on Oct 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM ]
I will do my best to be loud as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Who's with me man?
The stadium will be quite...

Kap can't read defenses...

Aldon will be suspended for 12 games...

The list goes on...
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The stadium will be quite...

Kap can't read defenses...

Aldon will be suspended for 12 games...

The list goes on...

Our coach is going to the browns, crabtree might as well of allready left, our qb is a sex offender, aldon is a terrorist in training, on and on and on.
Doubt it.
lots of speculation about this topic. the good thing is we're pretty close to finding out. all in all it depends on the fans. seattles stadium is built to hold in the noise, but the fans still have to be willing to make the noise, and know when to do it.
Originally posted by crabman82:
lots of speculation about this topic. the good thing is we're pretty close to finding out. all in all it depends on the fans. seattles stadium is built to hold in the noise, but the fans still have to be willing to make the noise, and know when to do it.

The Warriors are loud, the Sharks are loud. Those are the types of fans the stadium will have. The stadium will be crazy loud.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

The Warriors are loud, the Sharks are loud. Those are the types of fans the stadium will have. The stadium will be crazy loud.

awesome, i look forward to seeing russell wilson struggle with it. he had some problems at the stick last year.

FWIW I've heard from many people who have been to Hawks games that the crowd is no rowdier than your average football crowd. Their stadium design just makes that much of a difference.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Did they design it to pipe in the crowd noise like the Seachickens?
Can we bring in our Vuvuzelas?
[ Edited by Chico on May 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM ]

Originally posted by TheRambler:

FWIW I've heard from many people who have been to Hawks games that the crowd is no rowdier than your average football crowd. Their stadium design just makes that much of a difference.

i know the stadium is designed to hold in the noise and all that but i can tell you from going to games at the kingdome, they were loud there too.
It was built in such a way that sound with be amplified and bounce back onto the field. People have been saying for years since the first renderings came out that the stadium looked like it would be quiet and the anti-Seattle. These claims were baseless but began to be accepted as if they were facts. So here is an article proving that isn't true.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/04/17/san-francisco-49ers-new-levis-stadium-designed-to-rival-seahawks-stadium-for-crowd-noise-super-bowl-l-santa-clara-acoustic-guiness-record-12th-man/

That article doesn't really prove anything lol.

The shehawks stadium wasn't built to hold sound. Those hangers were built to cover majority of the fans from the rain..
Originally posted by awol36:

The shehawks stadium wasn't built to hold sound. Those hangers were built to cover majority of the fans from the rain..

ok maybe they didnt plan it, but it turned out that the stadium held in crowd noise unlike any venue in the league. better?
.So here is an article proving that isn't true.]

There is zero proof until there are 68,000 fans in it making noise. Until then, everything out there is just speculation. I know I'll be cheering my ass off. Just like every other 49ers home game for the last 20 years.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on May 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone