LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Jerry Jr headed to 49ers for tryout

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jerry Rice Jr.‏@JRtherealgoatJR

Working for the next opportunity...
Appreciate the ravens for getting my feet wet...
Now preparing for #49ers this weekend.. Leggo!

Lets find room for him somewhere on the 90-man!
All sons of the all time greats always end up sucking lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Jerry Rice Jr.‏@JRtherealgoatJR

Working for the next opportunity...
Appreciate the ravens for getting my feet wet...
Now preparing for #49ers this weekend.. Leggo!

Lets find room for him somewhere on the 90-man!

Eh.... no.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I know it's not football but I love watching Tim Hardaway Jr on the Knicks right now. He was also dope at Michigan.
Tony Gwynn Jr.? Barry Bonds? I know there are more from other sports I am thinking of but can't put my finger on it right now.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The guy only caught 20 passes for two college teams, I can't believe the Ravens gave him a tryout. Seems like arena league talent at best.
Originally posted by BobS:
The guy only caught 20 passes for two college teams, I can't believe the Ravens gave him a tryout. Seems like arena league talent at best.

Not even arena league talent unfortunately. The dude is small and not very athletic and had 0 production in college. Couldn't even start. Basically, the only thing he has going for him is his name. I'd say I'm almost as talented as him and it wouldn't be an exaggeration. He can play in a flag football league somewhere. It would be cool to see Jerry Rice's son on the niners, but the dude just isn't very good
Would've been cool to sign Montana's son and Rice Jr but would've been huge distractions lol
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on May 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I know it's not football but I love watching Tim Hardaway Jr on the Knicks right now. He was also dope at Michigan.
Tony Gwynn Jr.? Barry Bonds? I know there are more from other sports I am thinking of but can't put my finger on it right now.

bobby and brett hull
whats the saying.. its not what you do but who you know?
He and my son are good friends played together at UCLA. Really nice kid. Mom and sister are great too.

The drive and determination required to become a great athlete typically (not always) require great struggles growing up.

Children of star athletes are typically well off and don't need insane dedication to their craft.

Same thing happens to new rich people as well. TThey spoil the kids rotten and kids have no work ethic etc. and become trust fund kids
I'd like to see the guy on our PS to develop
Won't make it pass May lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
what a college career
sign him NOW!

http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jerry_rice_jr_858232.html
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Ken Griffey and Jr
Share 49ersWebzone