There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Surprise Starters

What players do you think will surprise the coaches and beat out their competition?

Will Lattimore or Hyde unseat Gore at runningback?

Will Martin beat out Kilgore?

Any chance Stevie Johnson beats out Boldin or Crabtree?

Could there be a surprise starter on defense? Tank Ian Williams or even Lemonier? You might even see a late round corner beat out Culliver depending on how strong he comes back from that injury.

Or how about Ellington taking over return duties on special teams?
Surprise DERP.....
Sunshine over Kaep
I say Tank Williams at DE & wouldn't be surprised by Martin taking out Kilgore
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Sunshine over Kaep

All he needs is that cali weather
  • Phil
Phil Dawson makes the back up QB position and changes his name to Lex Luthor. Kap gets injured and Lex leads us to a SB victory.
Nobody at the beginning of the season.

Nobody on the DLine - BUT the rotation will be used more and more

Nobody on the OLine unless someone gets hurt.

I see Martin used on lots of Jumbo packages andgetting spot play.

The second half of the season is when, IMO, we'll see changes if any.
Not really surprises, but...

Martin at C.
Borland at MLB.
Carradine at DE.
Williams at NT.
Ward at nickle.

These new players will make the biggest impact. They might not "start" but they will get significant playing time.

Our third down pass rush is going to be crazy.

--------------Carradine Williams J Smith Aldon
Lemonier--------Borland--------------Willis
Damn, my man Ray McDonald still isnt getting any love after all the push he brings
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Martin at C.
Borland at MLB.
Carradine at DE.
Williams at NT.
Ward at nickle.

These new players will make the biggest impact. They might not "start" but they will get significant playing time.

^^^^I like this...the more you look at our roster the more you have to give kudos to baalke for compiling a roster that is almost juggernaut-like by today's nfl standards. Tank carradine is the newest potential starter I'm the highest on.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Damn, my man Ray McDonald still isnt getting any love after all the push he brings

Yeah he's the most under-appreciated player on the team.

Martin at C.
Borland at MLB.
Carradine at DE.
Williams at NT.
Ward at nickle.

Replace Williams with McDonald or Dorsey.
Daryl Morris takes #2 spot at corner
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Martin at C.
Borland at MLB.
Carradine at DE.
Williams at NT.
Ward at nickle.

Replace Williams with McDonald or Dorsey.

Brooks should be on there as well...dude has been very good for us these past two years
I like Reid moving to SS and Ward taking over at FS by the playoffs. I think they offer more versatility that way. I like Tank playing a lot in a rotation then taking more snaps from McDonald same thing for Lemonier when it comes to Brooks. McDonald and Brooks make a lot if Tank and Corey work out they may be cap casualties in the offseason. IMO Ellington and Patton will play a lot but how do you get them snaps in our offense if Johnson, Crabs and Boldin are healthy? If Boldin losses a step look for Ellington to get a lot more snaps in the slot and leapfrog Patton because of his speed. I love Gore but I do think it will be Hyde and Lattimore by seasons end and I think it should be if they are as good as we think they will be. Martin starts at C right away. If Borland is a playmaker Willis 29 and the highest paid defender on the team looked a little slow last year Chris may get worked in even when Bowman gets back but for Pat. That's tough though because Pat is so much more athletic but as much as it pains me to say it Willis reputation is outperforming his actual play. Comparing him to Bowman the last two years it's not even close Navarro is head and shoulders just better. The coaches saw that as Bowman stayed on the field and Pat came off on 3rd downs in passing situations. Pat had a lot of trouble in coverage last year which concerns me at just 29. I thought he would be dominant into his mid 30's but the last two years have been rough. I hope he bounces back this year especially early without Navarro. Please don't tell me about Pro Bowls and All Pro selections Willis is still good just not as good as a couple years ago but again if he can bounce back it will be huge. As far as the CB's go maybe Johnson maybe Acker take playing time from Culliver who knows that's one position Baalke seems to be able to find talent for anywhere. Don't overlook Darryl Morris he plays super fast and is one of the few players to play faster than his 4.29 40 time. He actually plays over the top on the receiver and can run with anyone. I really think this is Harbaugh's best team yet with an infusion of good young hungry players and we are deep at every position other than QB. If the 49ers keep drafting like this FA won't matter. What's really exciting is the depth of talent even at CB I think they surprise some people this year. Injuries aside and if Colin makes the plays he's suppose to and a couple he's not we will get a 6th ring. I love this team right now.