LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Knocking our stars out is part of their gameplan .how do we respond?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Have to step up the physicality.
The Ravens raised the level, we didn't match.
The Seahawks raised the level, we didn't match.
Our team can't keep letting competitive opponents beat them up.
Have to smack them back. If refs are allowing it, rough em up.

But there in lies the difference. Harbaugh believes in the literal interpretation and application of the rules and coaches his guys to play that way, save a handful of rules that everyone breaks regularly anyway. It's why he gets so animated on the sidelines. Im the same way watching the games. I am a very black and white kind of person and Harbaugh is similar in that way. It's either a foul by the letter of the rule or it's not, there is no room for anything else if you are keeping the competition pure. Those rules must be equally applied in all situations, there can be no room for deviance.

Harbaugh is an old school purest. He believes in the pure competition of me vs you within the defined rules and expects them to be applied rigidly. The NFL allows for situations and circumstance to dictate flexibility or lenience. That's why his brother relied on bending the rules to beat him in the SB, because he knew Jim wouldn't. The Niners were superior, are superior, to the last 2 SB teams if the rules are applied rigidly.

I fully agree. I think along the same lines.
Still, our team can step up their physicality without breaking the rules.
DB grabs the front of your jersey? Chop down hard a few inches below the elbow joint.
Pressure point, hurts like hell. Make them pay for holding, since the refs won't.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Bowmans injury can't be blamed on there dirty play.

Hard to tell but after Luke Wilson has the ball stripped you can see him shift all his weight onto Bowman's shin. Maybe I'm being paranoid or reading to much into it but I think if Bowman rolled with it instead of standing to secure the ball he wouldn't have been hurt.

i`m not sure what you saw but eric reid absolutely leveled jermaine kears and he went back into bowmans leg and f**ked it up.

I thought it was Wilson . just seemed like he leaned into it . maybe not
They beat soft finesse teams and struggle against physical teams it's been the same story now for a few seasons question is what are they going to do about it this season?
Originally posted by Raul98:
They beat soft finesse teams and struggle against physical teams it's been the same story now for a few seasons question is what are they going to do about it this season?

physical teams tend to be towards the top of the standings. i dont know many physical teams who have losing records. theres not even that many physical teams out there. i guess my point is when you play better teams, its harder to win those games. the whole idea of 2 physical teams playing is that its going to be a back and forth affair.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Walker also had his jaw broken, VD - concusion, etc. Tough run up there in the NW. How do we respond? We beat them with depth and better game plans. Winning is the ultimate insult.

/endthread
Every highlight hit of Vernon is of him in the air. I'd far rather he stretch out his arms and miss the catch then fairy hop so he can alligator arm it against his body. As least of he does that he'll be there to play another down rather than getting knocked the f**k out of the game.
Does anyone remember Manningham? He might have gotten the worst injury with the blow to his knee. I mentioned time and again that i thought he would never be 100% after that.

f**ked up how the defender held him up and I think Hill was the one who dove right at his knee. Tearing your PCL happens during blunt force trauma similar to getting hit by a car while your standing still. There was no other outcome for Manningham other than his knee shredded when that b***h dove low on him.

That b*****d f**ker.
Intimidated? Are you new to football?
  • Andra
  • Veteran
There is nothing I want more this season than to beat the sheaterall shecocks in Seattle and I do feel like we get intimidated when we play them. I do not think anyone is trying to hurt anyone on purpose. Hard hits yes. Trying to purposefully tear people's ACL's no. Many guys on both teams are friends and I would hope that they respect that there are careers on the line. We just need to b***h slap those f*****rs just like they have been doing to us.

Originally posted by Raul98:

Remember how Carolina was a physical team against the niners in the regular season, the Niners responded pretty well to them in the playoffs. Don't forget the Niners were pretty close in the NFC Championship game. But it does seem like Niner players get injured in the Northwest a lot, if they want to be like that, then like a poster stated earlier. We respond with winning on their turf, we don't have to stoop down to their level.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Every highlight hit of Vernon is of him in the air. I'd far rather he stretch out his arms and miss the catch then fairy hop so he can alligator arm it against his body. As least of he does that he'll be there to play another down rather than getting knocked the f**k out of the game.

If Vernon trusted his hands he'd probably be the best TE ever. He's so good at getting seperation but its hard to feed him the ball when he's not able to. I honestly cant remember a time that Vernon beat a defender in the redzone by extending his arms and high pointing the ball like gronk or Graham. He already is a redzone threat but if he could high point the ball he'd be ridiculous.
I say we just forfeit every game up in SEA.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I say we just forfeit every game up in SEA.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
VD isn't intimidated by Cheatterrall. I blame Singletary. Ever since that game in Frisco against the Cawks (VD was giving attitude-caught a penalty) when Singletary scolds him and sends him to locker room/showers (WTF). Ever since that, VD was never the same vs the Cawks!

**** Singletary!!!
Share 49ersWebzone