LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 179 users in the forums

Knocking our stars out is part of their gameplan .how do we respond?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So since the 2011 game vs the seahawks, where Kyle Williams got one of the nastiest concussions I've ever seen after fair catching ( and we all know what he did a few weeks later vs the giants) its pretty obvious they are playing to knock us out .the list is huge Vernon, Bowman, Williams ( kyle and Ian) , Iupati. The question is are we intimidated.. And how do we respond?
kyle williams concussion came on a kick return not a punt return. there was no fair catch. eric reid more than anything caused bowmans injury.
Walker also had his jaw broken, VD - concusion, etc. Tough run up there in the NW. How do we respond? We beat them with depth and better game plans. Winning is the ultimate insult.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM ]
i didnt like the ian williams play, i think they`ve changed that rule now. i thought kyle williams was dumb to take a knee on the playing field during a kick return, but even then mike robinson didnt need to blast him like that. delanies broken jaw was unfortunate more than anything, i dont leroy hill meant to hit him, he was chasing the ball and delanie had fallen to the ground. if vernon davis doesnt do his f*ggy little jump chancellor doesnt blast him, and vd`s hamstring injury is obviously know the result of dirty play. to me its more just a little bad luck more than anything. a couple of cheap shots but other than that i think people making too much of them trying to target us up there.
Draft the depth to withstand injuries.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
So since the 2011 game vs the seahawks, where Kyle Williams got one of the nastiest concussions I've ever seen after fair catching ( and we all know what he did a few weeks later vs the giants) its pretty obvious they are playing to knock us out .the list is huge Vernon, Bowman, Williams ( kyle and Ian) , Iupati. The question is are we intimidated.. And how do we respond?

I agree 100%. I absolutely believe they intend to injure when they play us. The new rules for offensive linemen are a direct result of their linemen injuring people rolling around like logs after they have gone to the ground and have been removed from the play. I saw this several times in the 3 games between our teams. Dirty dirty team for sure.

Vernon is intimidated. He is scared and plays tentative when we play Seattle. He is more a detriment than an asset in 2-3 games a year. The older Vernon gets the softer he becomes. It's all the arts stuff. It appeals to his peaceful side.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:

I agree 100%. I absolutely believe they intend to injure when they play us. The new rules for offensive linemen are a direct result of their linemen injuring people rolling around like logs after they have gone to the ground and have been removed from the play. I saw this several times in the 3 games between our teams. Dirty dirty team for sure.

Vernon is intimidated. He is scared and plays tentative when we play Seattle. He is more a detriment than an asset in 2-3 games a year. The older Vernon gets the softer he becomes. It's all the arts stuff. It appeals to his peaceful side.

he is not a natural hands catcher so he does that f*ggy little leap all of the time. when he is wide open its fine, but seattle can cover well and when he tries to pull that s**t he just puts himself in harms way. that play chancellor blasted him on is a td without that little fairy hop.
Have to step up the physicality.
The Ravens raised the level, we didn't match.
The Seahawks raised the level, we didn't match.
Our team can't keep letting competitive opponents beat them up.
Have to smack them back. If refs are allowing it, rough em up.
Originally posted by crabman82:
he is not a natural hands catcher so he does that f*ggy little leap all of the time. when he is wide open its fine, but seat the can cover well and when he tries to pull that s**t he just puts himself in harms way. that play chancellor blasted him on is a td without that little fairy hop.

Lol!! I always scream at VD to stay on the turf too. Fairy hop, lol!
Originally posted by crabman82:
he is not a natural hands catcher so he does that f*ggy little leap all of the time. when he is wide open its fine, but seat the can cover well and when he tries to pull that s**t he just puts himself in harms way. that play chancellor blasted him on is a td without that little fairy hop.

Lol!! I always scream at VD to stay on the turf too. Fairy hop, lol!

its a classic sign of guys who dont trust their hands, the do the little hop to slow things down and help catch the ball. guys with great trust in their hands just keep moving full speed and snatch it out of the air. vernon has been a fabulous player for us but that is his one draw back. you dont see it hurt us much at all, except against teams like seattle where space on the field is a premium.

"If intimidation is your plan, I hope you have a better one"......

- Colin Kaepernick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000240858/article/colin-kaepernick-to-packers-intimidation-wont-work
Bowmans injury can't be blamed on there dirty play.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Have to step up the physicality.
The Ravens raised the level, we didn't match.
The Seahawks raised the level, we didn't match.
Our team can't keep letting competitive opponents beat them up.
Have to smack them back. If refs are allowing it, rough em up.

But there in lies the difference. Harbaugh believes in the literal interpretation and application of the rules and coaches his guys to play that way, save a handful of rules that everyone breaks regularly anyway. It's why he gets so animated on the sidelines. Im the same way watching the games. I am a very black and white kind of person and Harbaugh is similar in that way. It's either a foul by the letter of the rule or it's not, there is no room for anything else if you are keeping the competition pure. Those rules must be equally applied in all situations, there can be no room for deviance.

Harbaugh is an old school purest. He believes in the pure competition of me vs you within the defined rules and expects them to be applied rigidly. The NFL allows for situations and circumstance to dictate flexibility or lenience. That's why his brother relied on bending the rules to beat him in the SB, because he knew Jim wouldn't. The Niners were superior, are superior, to the last 2 SB teams if the rules are applied rigidly.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 18, 2014 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Agreed.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Hard to tell but after Luke Wilson has the ball stripped you can see him shift all his weight onto Bowman's shin. Maybe I'm being paranoid or reading to much into it but I think if Bowman rolled with it instead of standing to secure the ball he wouldn't have been hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone