LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Shayne Skov

Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Wlihoite should have been cut. Keeping him was probably more of a financial move than anything. If so, then we need to stop doing that. Reason why SEA is successful because they truly play the better player.

I agree Wilhoite's preseason play did not justify his roster spot. It was based more on him being the only backup to Bowman's spot.

100% agree here. Based on what I saw in pre-season, I'm not sure any other linebacker on the TC roster missed as many tackles as him. Dude was getting owned by 3rd and 4th stringers. It was embarrassing. If you ask me, he should've be relegated to ST duties at best.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Wlihoite should have been cut. Keeping him was probably more of a financial move than anything. If so, then we need to stop doing that. Reason why SEA is successful because they truly play the better player.

I agree Wilhoite's preseason play did not justify his roster spot. It was based more on him being the only backup to Bowman's spot.

100% agree here. Based on what I saw in pre-season, I'm not sure any other linebacker on the TC roster missed as many tackles as him. Dude was getting owned by 3rd and 4th stringers. It was embarrassing. If you ask me, he should've be relegated to ST duties at best.

totally agree , I'm still puzzled why Trent didn't grab an ILB in the middle rounds , its hard to understand why Baalke would roll the dice with Armstrong, Wilhoite and Hodges ? ...Armstrong was doing ok before the injury , Hodges is not an explosive ILB that can run sideling to sideline and make plays, and Wilhoite has reached his ceiling and could be on the downside of his career? ....we should take a look at Skov and allow him to start a game, he still has an upside and could develop into a solid running mate for Bowman
  • cools
  • Veteran
Skov will be a solid plugger if he gets on the field on defense, though his speed is his weakness

Armstrong will be missed, He would have been a key player in this weeks game, having the speed to spy Wilson
Niners should re-sign him in the off-season, I like him as a nickle type LB rotating in

But as noted, we need a good player at that spot, move on from Hodges and Wilhoite
Though were kinda stuck with what we got toll '17

Niners will have a ton of free agent money to fix many positions, this should be one of them
I like Zack Brown, Buff, just 26, him and Bow would be solid
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
I lost interest in skov after watching him in preseason. The guy is a huge liability against the pass. He really has issues covering RBs coming out of the backfield and TEs.

both HODGES & WILHOITE are also liability against the pass.. and that's a fact.. we've seen them both play and perform poorly against the pass, especially Wilhoite.. but can you say the same about SKOV??

since you've only see him in pre-season, maybe, just may be, he can do the BILL BELICHICK's "DO YOUR JOB"... and the result will also be great...

you ever heard of SHANE CONLAN and CHRIS SPIELMAN??

TWO of the best TWO DOWN LB ever to play in the NFL..

I remember conlan and spielman. Hopefully this is something skov can improve on over time.
Play this guy! Bellore has become a huge liability.
Nothing? Bellore is awful.
play my cuz!!thats all
It's beyond time to give Skov his shot at ILB...yesterday's game really exposed Belore as the weak link with our DL playing well. He's just too slow, takes bad angles and needs to come off the field. Hodges was flying all over the field, too, which made it painfully obvious that Belore's in way over his head. Come on, O'Neil, you need to make the change.
We need Bellore from the sound of things to keep the losses coming lol.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Bellore DeLong !!!

Yahoo!!

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Woo!
He may be too slow to fill in at that WILL. Great, we probably have the slowest LB corp now. Amazing, went from possibly the fastest to the slowest in 3 weeks.
We must truly be desperate to ask this guy for help.
Watch Skov ask Rueben to have #56 back
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Watch Skov ask Rueben to have #56 back

wore 11 at Stanford. He'll take 51 and like it.
Share 49ersWebzone