There are 128 users in the forums

Shayne Skov

I'm wondering if Chase Thomas stays on the roster now...........
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Hope Skov has picked up some speed.......really need to secure our inside game, we need to bring in a vet.....

Why? The guys are doing well atm. Skuta & Brooks could also fill in the pinch.

Skuta & Brooks are OLB
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Per league source, #49ers will sign Shayne Skov to reserve/future deal. Former #Stanford LB ended season on team's practice squad.
Originally posted by Broseph6:
I'm calling it now skov will make this team and be active on game days he's too good and he has the fire he's a beast

this
He has that rare ability to be around the ball and come up with the big play.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Skov is a dime a dozen
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
Skov is a dime a dozen

I remember a few posters going ape when he was Borland was drafted using Skov as a favorable alternative....

I'm assuming some of them are in the "Baalke Sucks" camp too.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Broseph6:
I'm calling it now skov will make this team and be active on game days he's too good and he has the fire he's a beast

this

Special Teamer.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm wondering if Chase Thomas stays on the roster now...........

well Skov is inside and Thomas is outside.

So how does that effect Thomas?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Lol, watching Skovs highlights it REALLY makes you understand how much talent we have in the middle of the field with Bowman and Willis....

Holy s**t, it actually is setting in just now how much we're going to miss Bowman....

These past few years with the production of the defense, it has ruined our (fans) expectations of level of play from our LB corps.

Call me a homer or whatever, but in the 35 years that I've been a fan of football, I don't ever remember ANY team having such a talented group of LBs across the board, including depth.

I know Pitts has had some monstrously talented All Pro LB units! but our guys definitely rank among the best.

It's a shame that these years seem to be flying by so fast....

At the time i thought the LB core that consisted of Andre Carter, Julian Peterson, Jeff Ulbrich, and Derek Smith was elite.

It was considered the strength of our team and one of the better LBer core of the league...but couldn't sustain what our offense wasn't able to produce and what our DB's gave up. We also had some good depth with Winborn and I think there was one more.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 14, 2015 at 8:04 AM ]

is it possible he adds anything to this year's roster?
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

It's absolutely possible.

Expect them to carry 4 ILBs. Three of those are going to be Bowman, Borland, and Wilhoite. That still leaves a spot.

Skov will be in competition with Nick Moody, who in my watching, after two years, is still not an effective player on defense.

Skov could beat out Moody outright and be on the active roster as the 4th ILB. He could also not beat out Moody or just barely beat out Moody and end up back on the PS squad for another year of development before he's used to replace Wilhoite or Moody.

(all assuming no draft picks).

This doesn't mean he WILL add anything to this year's roster, but unlike before Willis retired, he now has the opportunity to do so if he can take it.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Expect them to carry 4 ILBs. Three of those are going to be Bowman, Borland, and Wilhoite. That still leaves a spot.

Skov will be in competition with Nick Moody, who in my watching, after two years, is still not an effective player on defense.

Skov could beat out Moody outright and be on the active roster as the 4th ILB. He could also not beat out Moody or just barely beat out Moody and end up back on the PS squad for another year of development before he's used to replace Wilhoite or Moody.

This doesn't mean he WILL add anything to this year's roster, but unlike before Willis retired, he now has the opportunity to do so if he can take it.

Great post...agreed!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Actually, I really thought that Moody showed that he belongs... He had good games when they gave him the chance, especially against Seattle...

What Moody lack is Borland's instinct, while Borland lacks Moody's FSU's speed and relentless.. so don't be surprise if both are playing ILB (startng) next year,
while SKOV is the 1st man in - rotation..
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

If we can hide him on the PS again that would be great.
Share 49ersWebzone