LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Shayne Skov

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cncxIntBAUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncxIntBAUg
MEXICAN AMERICAN
Practice squad.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmu7Y98_L_c
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
MEXICAN AMERICAN

Not so sure about that.

His mother, and family I suppose, moved to Guadalajara for health reasons in 2001.

Two of his sisters were born in Mexico, so they might have dual citizenship.

Stanford's Skov family reunited on the Farm

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Stanford-s-Skov-family-reunited-on-the-Farm-2333863.php
[ Edited by SFL49ER on May 17, 2014 at 6:06 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Practice squad.

I dunno. Immediate knee jerk reaction is that way for sure. But guys do break through who on paper have no right to. I think he has what it takes between the ears. Interesting prospect to watch out for.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Practice squad.

I dunno. Immediate knee jerk reaction is that way for sure. But guys do break through who on paper have no right to. I think he has what it takes between the ears. Interesting prospect to watch out for.

Borland is so much better though. These guys on the WZ are Bay Area Centric. Obviously so. I'm not saying anything is wrong with that necessarily. But if you miss the total overall college football season you may not know other guys are better. Borland is more instinctive, better playmaker, creates more turnovers. I just think he will play while Bowman recovers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
MEXICAN AMERICAN

His father is black and his mother is white.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Are they both from the US?

He was born in San Francisco.

Skov sounds Russian to me.

A half white, half black, Russian-Mexican-American?

That would be diverse, huh.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

Are they both from the US?

He was born in San Francisco.

Skov sounds Russian to me.

A half white, half black, Russian-Mexican-American?

That would be diverse, huh.

Yeah, they're both from the U.S. Moved to Mexico so his mother could get medical treatment for a condition.
Lol, watching Skovs highlights it REALLY makes you understand how much talent we have in the middle of the field with Bowman and Willis....

Holy s**t, it actually is setting in just now how much we're going to miss Bowman....

These past few years with the production of the defense, it has ruined our (fans) expectations of level of play from our LB corps.

Call me a homer or whatever, but in the 35 years that I've been a fan of football, I don't ever remember ANY team having such a talented group of LBs across the board, including depth.

I know Pitts has had some monstrously talented All Pro LB units! but our guys definitely rank among the best.

It's a shame that these years seem to be flying by so fast....
[ Edited by CWin4949 on May 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Yeah, they're both from the U.S. Moved to Mexico so his mother could get medical treatment for a condition.

Does not sound to good. Now, she is living in assisted-care facility in Emeryville.
[ Edited by buck on May 17, 2014 at 6:52 AM ]
I'm calling it now skov will make this team and be active on game days he's too good and he has the fire he's a beast
Originally posted by Broseph6:
I'm calling it now skov will make this team and be active on game days he's too good and he has the fire he's a beast

It would be great if he could transform that fire into more sideline to sideline speed, then we'd be on to something....
Share 49ersWebzone