LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Running Back Situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Running Back Situation

• Jd925
  • Veteran
Who is Gore's heir apparent?
I see Hyde being more like Gire with Latt as a change of pace back, but with much more playing time. So, basically it is both.
This is a tough one...
I think its going to come down to Latt's knee.

Latt has more skills than Hyde, and would be a better fit in our system... But if that knee doesn't hold up then Hyde will obviously start.
A healthy Latt starts over a healthy Hyde.
Hydemore
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Hydemore

Hydegore
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Xantho:
I see Hyde being more like Gire with Latt as a change of pace back, but with much more playing time. So, basically it is both.

i heard our new rookie does a great job pass blocking,, you all know how big that is to us.. not to upset my good friend poster buck but with the two kids to go with hunter and gire,, that is a pretty good four headed rattlesnake... actually a five headed rattlesnake when you throw ck in there
Latt has my vote, but itll be great if they're a true thunder & lightening combo.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Hydemore

Hydegore

Hydemoreofgoreslatt
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
There is no single option, they will split carries to increase their longevity.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Latt has my vote, but itll be great if they're a true thunder & lightening combo.

lets not jinx us here ,, remember we thought that when we got jacobs.. remember the giants thought that when they drafted ron dayne? as many posters said,, lets see what they when the bullets start to fly for real but i agree it is fun to speculate

Originally posted by NinerGod:

With these two choices it's more like thunder and thunder.
I hope Lattimore. I want him to succeed.
I chose Hyde, but if Lattimore's knee holds up, he'll definitely be a player.

This is how I think it plays out this year if everyone stays healthy...LMJ cut/released/traded, Gore slowly losing carries and retiring (passing of the torch), Hyde becomes main back by playoffs, Latt becomes our new Hunter, meaning Hunter is not coming back in 2015 or ends up the 3rd RB/KR signing minimum deal

I feel like Gore really took more of a beating in 2013/playoffs than we know and may even get hurt this year and be out for long periods of time, which in a sad way will be a good thing for Hyde/Latt.

I love Gire and hope he goes out on top, but I'm so excited to see our next era of ELITE backs!
How about both of them.
If it wasnt for the knee this would be all Lattimore. I'm anxious to see how he looks when they put the pads on.
Share 49ersWebzone