LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Fallacy of lack speed reciever and loss to Seahawks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Lol beat me to it. Great minds think alike

Evidently, having a good memory about how the game played out and recognizing that a stand-up guy takes all the responsibility for a loss makes us "homers."

Admitting it is the first step, congrats.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Dude, done arguing over this, when people sit here with their homer glasses on.

Is he the ONLY reason, no, was he the FINAL reason, yes.

It's simple, he needs to improve, he's still the man.

Good. Stop arguing because you're just making a fool of yourself.

The only fool is one who's foolish enough to not call it like it is....

Didn't you say you were done arguing?

I'm not arguing with you that you're a fool .......lol

I'm not arguing with you that you're a fool .......lol

Circling back on the subject of foolishness, did the three turnovers happen as the Niners were coming back from being behind or not? Are you still claiming the turnovers happened while the Niners were ahead?
So now we're resorting to 2nd grade comeback tactics?
Circling back on the subject of foolishness, did the three turnovers happen as the Niners were coming back from being behind or not? Are you still claiming the turnovers happened while the Niners were ahead?

http://youtu.be/KLJtGtjk8bg

http://youtu.be/KLJtGtjk8bg

Oh.... My... God! Unbelievable.
Oh.... My... God! Unbelievable.

Only to some...
Well, turning the ball over 3 times certainly didn't help our chances. I don't see the big deal in admitting Kaep has to improve, I mean even Montana said so.
[ Edited by T-9ers on May 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM ]
Let's review:

I guess I don't understand why those turnovers while trying desperately to come back are so much more important than allowing the TD's that forced the need to try to come back, especially when you consider that one of the TD's was the longest run of the season on the defense and the other was a complete brain fart by the defense.

Why do you say coming back?

We were leading the game when the onslaught of turnovers began....

As I pointed previously pointed out, the first turnover happened when the Seahawks were leading 20-17. The second turnover resulted in another field goal to make the score 23-17. The third turnover was the result of a desperate throw on what was probably going to be their final possession needing a TD. People can argue about the play, the need to make the throw, the great defensive play, etc. etc. But the point is that you were wrong when you said "We were leading the game when the onslaught of turnovers began...."

A reasonable person with any degree of maturity would simply drop the argument upon the demonstration they had their facts wrong. A bigger, more mature person would admit that they were wrong or confused about the way the game played out. Not you.

Originally posted by T-9ers:
Well, turning the ball over 3 times certainly didn't help our chances.

I completely agree. The turnovers killed any chance to come back after they took the lead.
  • irief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by irief:
We keep hearing that we need a speed guy on the outside to keep defenses honest and to stretch the field. Also this being the reason we lost to the Seahawks, and that this would close the gap between us and them. I disagree with this premise. There are many factors that led to our loss, and I also don't agree that there even was gap between us an them. In fact, i believe the Niners were the better team towards the end of last year. These are a few reasons that people dont consider:

• We had to go on the road and play in one of the coldest games in one of the toughest stadiums in NFL history in Greenbay. Then we had to travel clear across the country and play at the homefield of the hottest team in the NFL in Carolina, who has one of the most physical and punishing teams. This whole series of events all boils down to one really stupid penalty called on A Brooks in the New Orleans game. All of this before we went into play in Seattle's stadium (which I think has such an unfair homefield advantage that I believe it actually impacts the integrity of the game). If that call wasn't made, there's a decent chance that the niners would be hoisting the Lombardi trophy. Winning the superbowl given this road schedule would have been a feet for the ages, and would have been one of the most respected wins in history.
  • In spite of all of the adversity from the first point, things were looking good until we lost the run games spear point in Mike Iupati. This affected the life blood of the niners, the run game.
  • The defensive front decided to stop playing on that off sides call when Wilson though it through Rogers hands for a touchdown on fourth down.
  • We couldn't properly protect Kap throughout the game, especially after Iupati went down. See what happened when Wilson had all day to run around and hit is receiver for a long bomb. It wasn't necessarily a burner that got open deep.
  • Some of Kap's decision make was questionable down the stretch.
  • Long kick off return allowed.

These are some of the points to consider before jumping on the speed bandwagon. I have no doubt that the niners, especially with a healthy Bowman and available A Smith, would take Seattle down. Especially with the addition of Stevie Johnson. Our bigger problem was not the deep passing game, but was not being able to capitalize on the intermediate passes in the middle of the field, where Johnson can definitely help.

As usual, this thread has digressed into another blame Kap thread. To get back on topic, the question is how much of a factor was not having a burner on the outside in this loss. My contention is that it is pretty low on the list given the factors listed above.
Yes, but in understanding the dynamics, one could just as easily argue that allowing the longest run of the season in the second half of the championship game means a lot. Or one could argue that when Carlos Rodgers has his hand right there and fails to bat a ball away in the end zone, he is failing to make a play that any good corner should make. I wouldn't argue that Kaepernick's interceptions were key plays. I just don't think it's fair to pretend that they were the only key plays and the only reason for the loss.

The difference here is that sometimes we have to give credit to our opponent making great plays whereas with Kaep, he just flat out made poor decisions on his own and blew it. I mean he's the QB and his role is more crucial,he's like the brain of the offense.
[ Edited by T-9ers on May 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM ]
As usual, this thread has digressed into another blame Kap thread. To get back on topic, the question is how much of a factor was not having a burner on the outside in this loss. My contention is that it is pretty low on the list given the factors listed above.

We're on point here. We have a good enough everything to win #6, just got to play smarter.
Originally posted by T-9ers:

We're on point here. We have a good enough everything to win #6, just got to play smarter.

Share 49ersWebzone