LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

Who is the Hardest 2015 Free Agent to Re-Sign

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the Hardest 2015 Free Agent to Re-Sign

I fully expect Crabs and Iupati to sign huge contracts elsewhere, if they stay healthy and perform. They will get paid like superstars, while they are not elite at their position. However I don't think they are the hardest to resign, I just think management values their position/player less than Kap and Smith.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Crabs will sign with the Cowboys. Book it.

This.

Crabs will be all about getting paid, prepare for life after Crabs. Boldin will not play forever, so we will be drafting WR again next season. We are stacked there now, but not for long.

Who are the Cowboys going to cut and just how do they then pay Dez Bryant? He ain't going to the Cowboys unless they can find another Demarcus Ware to release to free up cap space!

Maybe not the pokes, but someone with cash! Maybe the Texans, but I don't expect him to be an easy signing.
As far as I know Eugene Parker is still representing Crabtree . . . so I'm not holding my breath on bringing him back. Losing him would hurt a lot less after signing Johnson and drafting Ellington.
Crabtree...and it's not even close. The diva in him will come out a lot stronger than it did when he was a rookie...
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Maybe not the pokes, but someone with cash! Maybe the Texans, but I don't expect him to be an easy signing.

I could see him signing with the Texans after they trade or release Johnson. I really think he has wanted to play in Texas since he grew up there and played his college ball there.
QB Colin Kaepernick - Will be the easiest to sign; I feel the deal's been done for a while and we're just waiting for the best PR-time to release it.
WR Michael Crabtree - IF the offense expands this offseason, he "may" consider signing a cap-friendly LT contract (i.e. low base and high guaranteed contract and heavy on the back end so it's really just a 3-year contract ala Rogers) and he and CK are very close and productive together. The signing of Stevie gives us all the leverage. He could test the market and someone should overpay him.
LG Mike Iupati - He'll leave for more money; again, we hold all the leverage and his injury history also helps us. Someone will overpay for him.
NT Glenn Dorsey - We could lose him but would love he and Williams together for a long time. We also have Dial who can backup at NT. Would love a 2-gap NT anyhow.
CB Chris Culliver - A must sign in the contract of Brock.

Must Signs-As of Today: (Rookies and first-year starters could very much affect this group for 2015):
RB Kendall Hunter - A must sign as well.
CB Eric Wright - A must sign.
CB Perrish Cox - A Must sign...been very valuable for us.
OLB Dan Skuta - A must unless Lemonier and Lynch take off big time. Excellent ST player as well.

The Rest:
WR Kassim Osgood - A rookie could take his spot THIS year if he can be a dynamic gunner (like Morris) and double as a true backup at another position.
SS C.J. Spillman - May get cut THIS year if a youngster add equal ST play and adds as a true backup at another position.
SS Raymond Ventrone - See C.J. Spillman.
CB Chris Cook - Must earn a spot THIS year first.
RG Adam Snyder - Gone this year!
[ Edited by NCommand on May 15, 2014 at 7:45 AM ]
^^^ Basically, we're in GREAT shape going forward.

To put it into perspective, The SeAdderall CheatHawks only have $31M left to sign Wilson, Wright, Wagner, Smith, Maxwell, Okung, etc. and will need to devote $4.7M for rookies (i.e. $26.1M total remaining). And that's assuming the cap bumps up from $131M to $140M in 2015. We good!
[ Edited by NCommand on May 15, 2014 at 7:35 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
QB Colin Kaepernick - Will be the easiest to sign; I feel the deal's been done for a while and we're just waiting for the best PR-time to release it.
WR Michael Crabtree - IF the offense expands this offseason, he "may" consider signing a cap-friendly LT contract (i.e. low base and high guaranteed contract and heavy on the back end so it's really just a 3-year contract ala Rogers) and he and CK are very close and productive together. The signing of Stevie gives us all the leverage. He could test the market and someone should overpay him.
LG Mike Iupati - He'll leave for more money; again, we hold all the leverage and his injury history also helps us. Someone will overpay for him.
NT Glenn Dorsey - We could lose him but would love he and Williams together for a long time. We also have Dial who can backup at NT. Would love a 2-gap NT anyhow.
CB Chris Culliver - A must sign in the contract of Brock.
RB Kendall Hunter - A must sign as well.
CB Eric Wright - A must sign.
CB Perrish Cox - A Must sign...been very valuable for us.
OLB Dan Skuta - A must unless Lemonier and Lynch take off big time. Excellent ST player as well.

The Rest:
WR Kassim Osgood - A rookie could take his spot THIS year if he can be a dynamic gunner (like Morris) and double as a true backup at another position.
SS C.J. Spillman - May get cut THIS year if a youngster add equal ST play and adds as a true backup at another position.
SS Raymond Ventrone - See C.J. Spillman.
CB Chris Cook - Must earn a spot THIS year first.
RG Adam Snyder - Gone this year!

The players in bold should be placed in another bracket. They're future is heavily dependent on the quality of last years and this years draft. Both Skuta and Cox are at the most risk of having their respective production / role replaced by the 49ers drafted rookies (IF THEY PAN OUT and don't go all 2012 on our asses).

Hunter may be wearing a different jersey IF Cory and this last draft pick pan out.
Originally posted by Geeked:
The players in bold should be placed in another bracket. They're future is heavily dependent on the quality of last years and this years draft. Both Skuta and Cox are at the most risk of having their respective production / role replaced by the 49ers drafted rookies (IF THEY PAN OUT and don't go all 2012 on our asses).

Hunter may be wearing a different jersey IF Cory and this last draft pick pan out.

Good point!
Crabs is going to want to get paid Alaskan King Crab money when he really deserves Virginia Blue Crab money.

• bret
  • Veteran
My only "must sign" from your list is Kendall Hunter. He's the only back who is a threat to get outside. The higher-priced special-teamers like Osgood and Ventrone are probably gone this year. If the team can pick up half a mil each on 10 veterans being replaced by rookies that's 5 mil toward signing Kaepernick or someone else we need.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Crabs is going to want to get paid Alaskan King Crab money when he really deserves Virginia Blue Crab money.

Sad thing is, only a bottom feeder will give it to him. The guy is destined to play for a crummy team...... and he'll publicly cry about being on a "rebuilding" team for the rest of his career; al la Andre Johnson.
I think Kaep and Crabtree are tougher to replace. The rest on that list we already have replacements in place with lesser drop off in talent.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 15, 2014 at 8:18 AM ]
Michael Crabtree might have Dieon Sanders in his ear again come next offseason. But I do think Crabtree will have a HUGE year for us, just so that he can get that monster contract elsewhere next season, he'll have that superbowl ring to prove his worth.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Crabs will sign with the Cowboys. Book it.

I'll be pretty pist off if this happens...
Share 49ersWebzone