There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is the Hardest 2015 Free Agent to Re-Sign

Who is the Hardest 2015 Free Agent to Re-Sign

Simple question, we have 5 key FAs to be in 2015 offseason(Now with Aldon signed for 2015), which does everyone believe is the hardest to retain? Either Money, or Age, or whatever.

Also on a side note, which FAs of the following would you like to see the 49ers keep, if they make the 2014 roster of course.

RB Kendall Hunter
WR Kassim Osgood
RG Adam Snyder
OLB Dan Skuta
CB Eric Wright
CB Chris Cook
CB Perrish Cox
SS C.J. Spillman
SS Raymond Ventrone

Also who do you guys see as potential replacements already on the roster, and guys who are either locked in, or should be locked in for the future core.
crabs because WRs get hella overpaid by stupid teams every year and it f**ks everyone else over
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
crabs because WRs get hella overpaid by stupid teams every year and it f**ks everyone else over

Agree it's Crab because of the position. Everybody goes potato over WRs every year.
James Harbaugh
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Crabs.
Obviously Crabs.

Injury history, perceived value vs. actual value, the Niners being a run-first football team...
The good doctor above is forgetting Harbaugh has two years left, and the OP seems to be ignoring Frank Gore, which is a difficult one to predict for various reasons. I would say Iupati is the most unlikely to stay because of the extortionate cost likely to be involved, in addition to our number of alternatives, recently boosted with arrivals of Free Agents and the Draft.

I know most think Crabs is least likely but at same time, even if he tested open market, it could still come down to whether we decide to match what he wants.
Especially if we don't extend Iupati.

It may be that Crabtree is hardest to re-sign, but at same time, the true answer probably depends on what value we place on each player.
Kaep will ink some new paper soon.

Iupati will be franchised and given a new contact at a later date.

Gore will sign for vet minimum, people don't pay RB's anymore.

Sadly, I think we will lose Crabtree to some s**tty team that will overpay him and he will end up regretting leaving us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Crabs will sign with the Cowboys. Book it.
Originally posted by mayo49:

This.

Crabs will be all about getting paid, prepare for life after Crabs. Boldin will not play forever, so we will be drafting WR again next season. We are stacked there now, but not for long.
Crabz without a doubt!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

This.

Crabs will be all about getting paid, prepare for life after Crabs. Boldin will not play forever, so we will be drafting WR again next season. We are stacked there now, but not for long.

Who are the Cowboys going to cut and just how do they then pay Dez Bryant? He ain't going to the Cowboys unless they can find another Demarcus Ware to release to free up cap space!

Only if they want him and I doubt they would be willing to pay him what he wants and there is no way he gives dallas a hometown discount.
[ Edited by NJNiner on May 15, 2014 at 6:20 AM ]
I say Crabtree.

With everything that transpired with his rookie hold out, injuries, and overall surly demeanor, I just see him wanting to go somewhere else for the sake of going somewhere else.

I would like to see him stay, but, I just don't see it happening. I really believe he'd rather go to a team knowing it may have a 30 percent chance of making the playoffs, then remain with the 49ers for the same pay.
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Only if they want him and I doubt they would be willing to pay him what he wants and there is no way he gives dallas a hometown discount.

I'm in agreement. I don't see the Cowboys paying any more than the 49ers. They already have DB, so they're in no need for another number one and they will defiantly not PAY number one money to their number two.