LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

49ers sign Josh Johnson, cut Tupou

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
I feel better with this guy as the #2 than Gabbert.

I agree!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Harbs had even less time with Alex Smith in 2011 and turned him around just fine and he needed AS to start. I think Gabbert will be fine as our backup. JJ is a good #3 for this team given his style of play and familiarity with the offense.

I don't know. Tolzien and Colt ran some very good and quite complicated offenses in college and neither of them could pick up the 49er offense fast enough.
[ Edited by Giedi on May 19, 2014 at 11:38 AM ]
bump
[ Edited by NJNiner on May 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Johnson > Gabbert.
why 4 QBs I don't understand if we are only keeping 2 its a waste of time but clearly the backup QBs are wow terrible
Johnson without question was our best backup QB today, and he wasn't even that good. At least he showed decent command of the offense and threw a better ball than Gabbert.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Johnson without question was our best backup QB today, and he wasn't even that good. At least he showed decent command of the offense and threw a better ball than Gabbert.

I really think he has a shot at the backup QB position. Gabbert has another 3 preseason games and if he continues to be outplayed by Josh, I think Josh becomes #2.
Share 49ersWebzone