There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The numbers don't add up . . .

It was reported before the draft that the 49ers had 74 players under contract. They added 20 players to their roster in the last few days (ie. traded for Stevie Johnson, drafted 12 players and then signed 7 UDFAs).

That means that they would have to release 4 players to get to the 90 player limit. Yesterday, the 49ers announced that they had waived 3 players (Darius Fleming, DeMarco Sampson and Dax Swanson).

Don't they still have to release another player to reach the 90 player roster limit?
[ Edited by davidb on May 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM ]
Just count the players on the roster. Double check with the depth chart. Theres your number. You could be right about having to release one more
  • buck
  • Veteran
I do not think the rookies do not count against the roster until they sign contracts, but I could easily be wrong.
Originally posted by buck:
I do not think the rookies do not count against the roster until they sign contracts, but I could easily be wrong.

Or you could just as easily be right. And I believe this is the case.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Wasn't Alex Debniak (sp?) fullback released just prior to the draft?
It's 90 right now.

It was 73 before the draft, Carlos Rogers didn't count.

Stevie made 74, 12 picks made 86, minus 3 made 83, plus 7 UDFAs makes it 90.
Not sure if the guys on medical count. Just guessing
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by buck:

Or you could just as easily be right. And I believe this is the case.

This is true, however the GM that messes up the count should probably be fired

Sidenote: This weekend was so awesome it rolled into my week... I sell mmj edibles in Denver and sold over $800 in $5 brownies in less than 3 hours this week. Shows what a positive attitude can do
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We had 93. Cut 3. /thread

This is our roster outlook right now. I'm not projecting, just labeled it for easy reading.