LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Will the 49ers coaching staff finally split carries among our talented RBs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the 49ers coaching staff finally split carries among our talented RBs?

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Gore is reaching Bettis "The Bus" stage (last years)... just let Jeckyl & Hyde do all the work, then let Gore run in the 5 yd TDs all day
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Whoa, slow down, buddy... first we gotta get Roman up to par--make the conversion from Elite-College-Offense to NFL style offense.

Once he learns how to run an pro-style offense anything goes... could be a long learning curve doe (2-3 years maybe)

just as i was feeling good about the offense, you had to remind me about the roman factor . if i wanted roman to appear all i need to do is draw a pentagram on the ground and chant "i summon thee" 3 times
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
and i still say the biggest challenge in splitting carries is telling gore that.. do you want to do that?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
LOL Gore splitting carries. Thats something I have never heard of.

neither has gore
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
We will, until we lose one or more games, and then panic sets in, Franks gets 30 carries a game.
and changes plays in the huddle to plays that work thus making retard roman obsolete
Originally posted by cciowa:
and i still say the biggest challenge in splitting carries is telling gore that.. do you want to do that?

This. You are gonna have to pull the rock out of Gore's cold dead fingers
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Whoa, slow down, buddy... first we gotta get Roman up to par--make the conversion from Elite-College-Offense to NFL style offense.

Once he learns how to run an pro-style offense anything goes... could be a long learning curve doe (2-3 years maybe)

just as i was feeling good about the offense, you had to remind me about the roman factor . if i wanted roman to appear all i need to do is draw a pentagram on the ground and chant "i summon thee" 3 times

HAHA! No worries, Harbs gonna limit his Twinkies intake and make him eat more veggies
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

The team needs to sit down with him and have a Frank conversation (no pun intended). Tell him the goal is 2 fold, to keep him healthy and fresh for the stretch run, keep enough in the gas tank for a possible 2015 return when the SB is in SF and to get Hyde/Lattimore some experience. He's going to have to accept it for the good of the team and I think he will if the team truly wants him 2.
I think Hyde will prove to be our most valuable runner in the sense that I think his style will prove to be most consistent.

He finds the hole and makes quick decisions, he gets what he can and almost all the time he hits the second level. Even though he doesn't have break away speed, I think he's one of those runners that gashes a defense for 5-7 yard chunks over and over. His style will produce chunk yardage consistently, then break off 15-25 yarders in between, but wont give you the 75 yard take it to the house runs.

Mix in Kendal Hunter that will provide a very nice change of pace, plus keep defenses guessing.

No one knows what Lattimore will provide, but hopefully he's 100% and adds another dimension to the run game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:

The team needs to sit down with him and have a Frank conversation (no pun intended). Tell him the goal is 2 fold, to keep him healthy and fresh for the stretch run, keep enough in the gas tank for a possible 2015 return when the SB is in SF and to get Hyde/Lattimore some experience. He's going to have to accept it for the good of the team and I think he will if the team truly wants him 2.
if we do that do you think it wise though to wait and see what the kids can do in pre season or should that talk with gire coming during camp? i am glad you are going to do this because i would be to scared to tell frank this matt can be our henchman and do the dirty work

I've been saying it since the end of last year ... cut Gore and don't leave him as an option.

if we do that do you think it wise though to wait and see what the kids can do in pre season or should that talk with gire coming during camp? i am glad you are going to do this because i would be to scared to tell frank this matt can be our henchman and do the dirty work

I would do it right now honestly the next time Gore was in the building. I would tell him unless the young runners suck we're going to lessen his load for the reasons stated. And no way I'm personally having that convo lol, Harbs gets paid for that ish, if the 49ers want to hire me as the designated bad news giver guy I'm all for that though. Game days maybe I could serve as the challenge advisor.
Originally posted by Scoots:
I've been saying it since the end of last year ... cut Gore and don't leave him as an option.

Why? He rushed for 1200 yards and he's the best pass protection back in the nfl. Not to mention we think the young backs are going to be good but we don't know it for a fact. Hyde is a rookie and Lattimore's injury history makes him a mystery.
[ Edited by matt49er on May 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM ]
Gore is reaching Bettis "The Bus" stage (last years)... just let Jeckyl & Hyde do all the work, then let Gore run in the 5 yd TDs all day

Cause Gore is our big back
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scoots:

Why? He rushed for 1200 yards and he's the best pass protection back in the nfl. Not to mention we think the young backs are going to be good but we don't know it for a fact. Hyde is a rookie and Lattimore's injury history makes him a mystery.

They will cut Gore... they'll cut him some slack

Besides his rookie yr - 608 yds rushing and in 2010 - 853 yds rushing (season ending-fractured hip in wk 12), Gore was good for 1000+ yds per season... 2,772 all time receiving yds... let's kick back and watch history in the making--Frank Gore....
Share 49ersWebzone