LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Who will be the 49ers best Wide Receiver next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be the 49ers best Wide Receiver next year?

Easily gonna be Chuck Jacobs, he already broke all of AJJ's rookie receiving records.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
So many reasons for crabs to be motivated this year. As long as he stays healthy, he's gonna make Dick Sheman eat those lame words...

Crabtree.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
So many reasons for crabs to be motivated this year. As long as he stays healthy, he's gonna make Dick Sheman eat those lame words...

Crabtree.

this. again.... This.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think Michael Crabtree will be the man this next upcoming season, especially considering how 2013 ended for him. You will see a man on a mission. The surprise could be Quinton Patton. Not saying he will be the best, but he has the drive and ability and I would not be surprised if he challenged for a starting spot in 2015 or 2016.

Would love that, part about Patton. I think he's got the skills too. Reminds me somewhat of a smaller, slightly quicker Crabs actually. Good hands, good routes, gets open, has jukes...
Boldilocks. i think Q is gonna go off, he seems like he wants it more than any other player not named frank gore
I think the Stevie Johnson pick makes Crabs highly competitive, especially in a contract year.

My concern is that CK likes Crabs so much he doesn't look for the best option most of the time and locks onto Crabs. To break him of that habit, they may need to literally take Crabs out for other receivers sometimes.
I have a felling Sherman's comments after the NFCCG lit a major fire under Crabtree's behind, being called mediocre and everything, to the point where he will work like hell to dominate this year and show him up when they face off. Probably will motivate him more than being in a contract year.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I have a felling Sherman's comments after the NFCCG lit a major fire under Crabtree's behind, being called mediocre and everything, to the point where he will work like hell to dominate this year and show him up when they face off. Probably will motivate him more than being in a contract year.

if he doesnt show up against sherman that could f**k with him mentally even more. he better get the best of sherman this year

Good call
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think Michael Crabtree will be the man this next upcoming season, especially considering how 2013 ended for him. You will see a man on a mission. The surprise could be Quinton Patton. Not saying he will be the best, but he has the drive and ability and I would not be surprised if he challenged for a starting spot in 2015 or 2016.

Would love that, part about Patton. I think he's got the skills too. Reminds me somewhat of a smaller, slightly quicker Crabs actually. Good hands, good routes, gets open, has jukes...

I must agree about Patton, I think he'll be much improved, but I hope he isn't injury prone... gotta love his unorthodox dancing too

The match up between the two will be interesting. If that didn't motivate Crab, hard to say what will. At the same time if you're Richard Sherman and you talked all that trash, you're going to have to keep backing it up if you don't want to look like an idiot. So yeah it'll be fun to watch next season the battle between those two. But as for now... Richard 1, Crab 0.

but to answer the OP. I actually think Boldin is the Niner's best WR.
[ Edited by zaghawk on May 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

Crabtree.

Gotta agree with this. With Hyde and Lattimore projected to be excellent RB's this year and spelling Gore (or perhaps bumping him to 3rd string) Sherman is going to be stuck in run support and any of our top 3 receivers will be blowing by him on the play pass.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Gotta agree with this. With Hyde and Lattimore projected to be excellent RB's this year and spelling Gore (or perhaps bumping him to 3rd string) Sherman is going to be stuck in run support and any of our top 3 receivers will be blowing by him on the play pass.

Yup, we beefed up the o-line and added beef to the run game... you just know Harbs wants to grind opposing defenses to death. To top it off, we definitely have a real scary WR corps to add more fear into defenses. We're sweeping them this year.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Who knows. With Kaps tendency to focus on Crabtree I'd say Crabtree. Johnson didnt really run uniform routes in Buffalo which is why I think Sherman had a hard time covering him. Sherman studies tape hardcore going into games. Part of his game is seeing formations and studying what sort of routes are run. Predicting where the ball is going to go. For that sort of play the QB has to keep an eye on Johnson. Boldin is always a threat so...who knows. This is the year for Kap to step up his passing game. I think it will all rely on Kap's play.
Share 49ersWebzone