LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Which 49ers will be traded for a late round pick at the end of training camp?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49ers will be traded for a late round pick at the end of training camp?

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Lattimore has proven nothing yet,but everyone has him over James & Hunter.

correction...

Latt and Hyde have proven nothing yet, but most have both of them over Hunter.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Kendall Hunter -- he is a somewhat proven commodity, teams won't be that discouraged by his injury because he came back strong. 9ers will keep LMJ if only as one of many return men + he'll be the supposed "speed" element to the backfield.
Originally posted by jreff22:
correction...

Most have Lattimore and Hyde over Hunter because:
Lattimore was the most talented/best RB coming out of the 2013 draft. 1st RB taken if not for the injury
Carlos Hyde by most analyst was the highest rated/best RB in the 2014 draft.

Hyde and Lattimore were the "Sammy Watkins" type talent at the RB position in 2013 and 2014.
I'm a little surprised that most people would rather have Kendall Hunter on the team over LMJ.

Kendall Hunter > LMJ at the Running Back position. At RB Hunter/LMJ are fighting for the #3/#4 spot on the depth chart, not that important in my book.

LMJ > Kendall Hunter at Special teams. Starting KR/PR. LMJ is our PRIMARY KR/PR. We lost a shot at a Super Bowel because of Kyle Williams at KR/PR.

LMJ > Kendall Hunter in ovearall value to the team. Even if LMJ gets beat by Ellington as starting KR/PR, back-up KR/PR is more important than #3/#4 RB.

MY RB depth Chart- BASED ON VALUE TO THE TEAM, NOT LIMITED TO ABILITY AS RB

#1 Frank Gore
#2 Carlos Hyde (if he is also able to play FB, which he has the size and physicality to do.)
#3 Marcus Lattimore (if he is 100% healthy)
#4 LMJ (because he is starting KR/PR).
#5 Kendall Hunter, no knock on his ability, he's just in a crowded backfield.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dorsey is underrated.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Originally posted by xela510:
I hope only LMJ.
Kendall Hunter, Skuta, and Glenn Dorsey are all really good depth. We need to keep Dorsey especially and Skuta is clutch.

I agree Skuta, Dorsey and Hunter are all players but that is why the have value. However the only reason why you trade them is because they get beat out so say...

Ian Williams, Dial > Glenn Dorsey
Gore, Lattimore and Hyde > Kendall Hunter
*LMJ has value as return, we don't want another 2012 Kyle Williams debacle

Lemonier, Aaron Lynch> Dan Skuta

Basically the rookies and young guys beat out Dorsey, Hunter and Skuta. Just saying it could happen.
Dorsey and Skuta played great last year, no way they get traded, in fact, I bet they get extensions before too much longer. Ian Williams did beat out Dorsey last TC but I'm sure a lot of that had to do with him knowing the system and GD switching positions. This off season, it's Dorsey's job, plus he has the ability to play DE if we need him there. Given the Aldon situation, Skuta may be needed and will be kept around, not to mention how good he is on ST's. Hunter I doubt goes, LMJ likely will and KH will be kept around as a change of pace back.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think it'll be very hard for Ian Williams to beat out Dorsey again...in fact, I hope to see Baalke extend GD.

Hunter's an excellent change-of-pace RB...still young, too, so hoping he gets an extension. Hyde & Lattimore will emerge as the new guard RB's. Gore's carries will likely be limited. But, next season's enough time for the newbies to learn pass protection. Hyde arguably needs it the most, as Marcus had more of an opportunity blocking for Shaw and being under Spurrier.

Baalke's said he won't trade LMJ, but with addition of Ellington that may well change. Understand Acker, the CB from SMU has some return skills, too.

Other possible trade candidates...could include Snyder, Tukuafu, Dobbs, Baldwin, Dahl.

Hunter won't sign an extension. He'll want a chance at more playing time somewhere else. Everyone is so against trading Hunter because he's a good player, and he is, but the team has traded good players before. They know he'll likely be leaving in FA next year, so why not try to get something for him? Sure, the other guys are unproven, but the 49ers spent a 2nd round pick on Hyde, they obviously think highly of him. And they don't play the backup RBs much anyway. I think there is a very good chance that Hunter is traded.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for sanjo49er.
Originally posted by mkary12:
Hunter won't sign an extension. He'll want a chance at more playing time somewhere else. Everyone is so against trading Hunter because he's a good player, and he is, but the team has traded good players before. They know he'll likely be leaving in FA next year, so why not try to get something for him? Sure, the other guys are unproven, but the 49ers spent a 2nd round pick on Hyde, they obviously think highly of him. And they don't play the backup RBs much anyway. I think there is a very good chance that Hunter is traded.

This seems like the best scenario. I like Hunter i really do but like you said there is now way they use a 2nd on a running back unless there going to use him, What makes me sad is that its pretty much a rap for Gore as a 49ER.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
LMJ, after Ellington beats him out for return duties.
Originally posted by mkary12:

you may be right that Hunter will want to go to a team that will play him more but we're in win now mode, getting a late round pick for Hunter isn't that big of a deal on a roster this talented. Keeping a loaded roster is important, depth is important and versatility is important. Hunter gives us a different type of back when compared to Gore, Lattimore and Hyde. It probably won't happen but what if say Gore and Lattimore got hurt or any 2 of the other 3? Hunter would then become pretty valuable to this team. IMO we need to hope for the best and plan for the worst and keep the best players on this team and go for the SB title this year.

I'm a little surprised that most people would rather have Kendall Hunter on the team over LMJ.

Kendall Hunter > LMJ at the Running Back position. At RB Hunter/LMJ are fighting for the #3/#4 spot on the depth chart, not that important in my book.

LMJ > Kendall Hunter at Special teams. Starting KR/PR. LMJ is our PRIMARY KR/PR. We lost a shot at a Super Bowel because of Kyle Williams at KR/PR.

LMJ > Kendall Hunter in ovearall value to the team. Even if LMJ gets beat by Ellington as starting KR/PR, back-up KR/PR is more important than #3/#4 RB.

MY RB depth Chart- BASED ON VALUE TO THE TEAM, NOT LIMITED TO ABILITY AS RB

#1 Frank Gore
#2 Carlos Hyde (if he is also able to play FB, which he has the size and physicality to do.)
#3 Marcus Lattimore (if he is 100% healthy)
#4 LMJ (because he is starting KR/PR).
#5 Kendall Hunter, no knock on his ability, he's just in a crowded backfield.

Lol, Super Bowel.

We lost a SB opportunity due to Kyle Williams muff and fumble, yes.
But, James has also fumbled. He is a bit shaky back there on punts.
Hunter can and has returned kicks, as can Cox and several others. We only need somebody to show a talent for returning punts to nullify James's value.
We'll see if anybody steps up to take that role.
i agree in the james returning kicks...but ellignton from south carolina we picked up can do that i think?
Morris was an UDFA. He has no trade value. We will just cut him if he doesn't make the 53.

My money is on Hunter. He's a likable guy that is less talented than Hyde and Lattimore and has less special teams value than LMJ.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Dorsey was playing lights out at the end of the season. He's a starter.

Ian Williams beat him out last year to start the season, just unfortunate that he got cut block and leg/foot broken. I can see the replay in my mind.

Training camp will determine who the starter is.

Dorsey was entirely new to the system while Williams had sat for a year. Rishi is entirely right, he was lights out towards the year end and will be better again this year. Never mind that if you trade him you have no one except maybe Dial who can fill in at NT and Dial is unproven.

i question the validity/sanity of any post that would hint at trading him.

This. Him and hunter shouldn't be on this list
Originally posted by jreff22:
correction...

Most have Lattimore and Hyde over Hunter because:
Lattimore was the most talented/best RB coming out of the 2013 draft. 1st RB taken if not for the injury
Carlos Hyde by most analyst was the highest rated/best RB in the 2014 draft.

Hyde and Lattimore were the "Sammy Watkins" type talent at the RB position in 2013 and 2014.

Trent Richardson
Share 49ersWebzone