LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

Which 49ers will be traded for a late round pick at the end of training camp?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49ers will be traded for a late round pick at the end of training camp?

Last year the 49ers traded Parys Haralson and Cam Johnson at the end of training camp for 7th round picks. Who gets traded this year?
None
I think Kendall Hunter gets traded and possibly Darryl Morris if Johnson and Acker turn out to be real keepers and Eric Wright is in peak form.

I like Kendall Hunter, but I don't think the 49ers will trade away their only experienced kick returner and punt returner in Michael James. 49ers might have 1 more Lombardi if we just had a guy who could catch punts and kickoffs, unlike Kyle Williams.
Originally posted by AUniner:
None

So I guess we just cut guys and get nothing in return.
I hope only LMJ.
Kendall Hunter, Skuta, and Glenn Dorsey are all really good depth. We need to keep Dorsey especially and Skuta is clutch.
[ Edited by xela510 on May 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM ]
The fact that we even have to consider cutting/trading some of these quality players is a testament to how deep this team is and how great the front office has been at their job of acquiring talent by exploring and using all avenues, draft, trade, free agency, draft and stash NFI list.
Originally posted by xela510:
I hope only LMJ.
Kendall Hunter, Skuta, and Glenn Dorsey are all really good depth. We need to keep Dorsey especially and Skuta is clutch.

I agree Skuta, Dorsey and Hunter are all players but that is why the have value. However the only reason why you trade them is because they get beat out so say...

Ian Williams, Dial > Glenn Dorsey
Gore, Lattimore and Hyde > Kendall Hunter
*LMJ has value as return, we don't want another 2012 Kyle Williams debacle

Lemonier, Aaron Lynch> Dan Skuta

Basically the rookies and young guys beat out Dorsey, Hunter and Skuta. Just saying it could happen.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I think Kendall Hunter gets traded and possibly Darryl Morris if Johnson and Acker turn out to be real keepers and Eric Wright is in peak form.

I like Kendall Hunter, but I don't think the 49ers will trade away their only experienced kick returner and punt returner in Michael James. 49ers might have 1 more Lombardi if we just had a guy who could catch punts and kickoffs, unlike Kyle Williams.

If we trade away the only capable RB backup with actual experience I will s**t myself.

LMJ is a waste at RB
Latt is a complete unknown and is still healing
Hyde is a green rookie

1 turd and 2 ? is not a sound plan to backup an aging Gore, and block for Kap.
lmj
Dorsey was playing lights out at the end of the season. He's a starter.

Originally posted by jreff22:
If we trade away the only capable RB backup with actual experience I will s**t myself.

LMJ is a waste at RB
Latt is a complete unknown and is still healing
Hyde is a green rookie

Well obviously training camp will sort that out.

Eddi Lacy, Zac Stacy, Ellington, the list goes on and on with rookie RB's getting it done their first year. I'm not too worried about Hyde being a rookie. I'm more worried about Lattimore's return, but mentally Lattimore has had 1 year with his nose in the playbook and a years worth of meetings and film review w/Rathman and the rest of the RB's.

LMJ gets 4.7 yards/carry, albeit limited opportunities. He did produce during the playoffs.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Dorsey was playing lights out at the end of the season. He's a starter.

Ian Williams beat him out last year to start the season, just unfortunate that he got cut block and leg/foot broken. I can see the replay in my mind.

Training camp will determine who the starter is.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Hyde is a green rookie

We arent talking QBs here,...we're talking getting the ball, protecting it, and running for as many yards as possible, which is as basic as it gets.

I dont need an experienced backup RB unless I need 50 or so catches out of him for the year. We arent keeping LMJ or Kendall (whom will be here IMO) for their blocking prowess.

Which leaves it on the field of competition....Lattimore and Hyde will have to earn their way onto the field.
LMJ is gone for sure once they feel comfortable with our PR options. I keep hearing that Ellington can handle it because he backed up Ace Sanders, but I want to see it first before I believe it.
James for sure, with the additions of Hyde and Ellington. Maybe a 6th in 2015?
Share 49ersWebzone