1. #4 WR - Both players will make the team, but there will be limited snaps after Stevie Johnson.
2. Veteran CB - At most, two of these players will make the team. If Dontae Johnson and Darryl Morris play well, only one might make it.
3. DE - TJE made huge strides last year and became part of the rotation. Dial has a ton of upside. Right now, they are probably the #6 and 7 guys on the DL. Will we keep 7 guys? I think they both make it, but it will be close.
4. Swing OT - Martin has the inside track because of experience, but Marquardt is an athletic freak.
5. Bowman's stand-in - Many people anointed Borland as the starter for Bow. Then we signed Skov and the argument started. Am I the only one who thinks it will be Wilhoite?
6. NB - Ward will have first crack at it, but Wright and COx have the experience. Cook doesn't really fit the mold of NB. Darryl Morris might be a darkhorse.
7. #3 TE - Celek is one-dimensional, Carrier is inexperienced and Cleveland is an unknown. I am rooting for Carrier, since he offers more in the passing game, but Celek has been a steady blocker.
8. ST ACE - We saw the team move back to prioritizing special teams. Osgood, Ventrone and Spillman are the studs of the squad, but the draft brought in several guys with special teams potential: Borland, Johnson, and possibly Ward. I don't see any way that all three of the veterans stay next year.
9. KR/PR - This is the biggest question mark that is not being discussed. I just don't see a way that LMJ stays with the team. Hunter has been used as a KR but not as a PR. Ellington and Cox have experience doing both. Who else do we have for this competition?
10. Any others you can think of?
[ Edited by Karma on May 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM ]