There are 205 users in the forums

DB Dontae Johnson North Carolina State

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Disagree, he was playing off coverage, read ANiner Talkustin and closed in to steal the pick.

The pick isn't the play I'm talking about. It was a play where Austin missed his reciever in the endzone and he had Johnson beat and turned around by atleast ten yards. Johnson didn't just come in for the pick six play

He was beat on the play, but our pass rush prevented Davis from getting off a good throw. And even if he did, the window for completing the pass was very slim. But Johnson was beat and turned around on that play.
Niners need this guy to step up big time on Sunday. They're down a bunch of DBs.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Disagree, he was playing off coverage, read Austin and closed in to steal the pick.

The pick isn't the play I'm talking about. It was a play where Austin missed his reciever in the endzone and he had Johnson beat and turned around by atleast ten yards. Johnson didn't just come in for the pick six play

Ah ok thanks for clarifying - is that the one where Austin threw inside and the receiver stayed outside in the endzone?

If so then we got lucky there but I am sure it will be corrected in the film room study. It will be a major boost for DJ to get a pick 6 in this fashion though and I did think he was doing very well in the pre-season.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Niners need this guy to step up big time on Sunday. They're down a bunch of DBs.

This. Let's roll Dontae Johnson
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Another solid game. I think he gave up one catch on the day. Not bad, I like what I'm seeing from him so far
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Nov 16, 2014 at 2:02 PM ]
Not surprising Donatell has to be the best secondary coach in the league or at least top 2 with whoever coaches seattle. The d coaches can actually develop a guy unlike the O coaches.
Great pick-up and you can see him getting better.
Great game...came on a blitz and added heat on an INT, crucial play in the RZ for Borland's second INT and didn't "stand out" which means, he shut down his WR and did his job well. I was stoked to see him in there today with Cox sliding inside. Cox was the one who was a bit off today.
VERY impressed with Johnson today and Cully for that matter. They really stepped it up, lets see continued progress!

Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
VERY impressed with Johnson today and Cully for that matter. They really stepped it up, lets see continued progress!

This, hope they continue to play well in the coming weeks!
^ bump this man! Play of the game and take a look at where he was lined up on that tipped PD for the INT to Borland in the RZ. I love this kid!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I was stoked to see him in there today with Cox sliding inside.

Yeah, I bumped his thread yesterday giving him BIG props. Not only did his LONG arms tip that critical PD for the INT in the RZ but, he blitzed (b/c you can line him up in press and jam-press) and helped force the INT to Reid IIRC and like yo both noted, you barely knew he was on the opposite side of Cully this game when Cox slide inside. That is a great sign esp. b/c Brock will probably be out a while and Ward is done (allowing Cox to comfortably prepare for the slot position going forward). I love the lineup of Cully - Cox - Johnson!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/159134-official-trent-baalke-apreciation-thread/page14/

IIRC Johnson #36 was the one replacing Ward not Cox. Cox #20 stayed on the outisde the whole game.
he's been playing very well for a typical rookie
I was stoked to see him in there today with Cox sliding inside.

lol
Share 49ersWebzone