LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

DB Dontae Johnson North Carolina State

• 9moon
  • Veteran
maybe because he and Shareece Wright had a hard time covering a Free Agent Rookie in White, who many wonders why he didn't get some playing time as well.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
too many excuses... just too many.. bottom line is that DJ did not show enough consitency in coverage and that's prolly why he couldn't get to the starting lineup.. we only saw little of him and maybe that's the reason why you all are thinking he's a better CB than the pair we are starting..

Being Baalke's puppet, Tomsula woulda used a much less experience in DJ over brock and allow him to gain the experience he needed if he were to start the following year, as well as using this as a leverage when the management ask Brock to take a pay cut..

but since DJ just isn't good enough, or impressive enough, ths will be his make or break year..

but glenn dorsey has shown you something that makes you believe he is the next warren sapp? The bolded part doesnt make sense. brock was a tarted and all indication is he would have continued to start, plus dj looked awesome when he played last year and when he has played. Im not to sure what games you are/arent watching.

DJ looked awesome??? he did??

what game(s) are you talkin about that he looked awesome..

awesome.. 2 syllable words that may be too big for your little mind..

don't get confuse when a guy makes a play here or there and stamp him as an awesome player.. I'm sure you yourself had made some AWESOME plays back in your playing days in your front yard..

the only thing that stopping G-Dor for putting up Sapp-like numbers are injuries and the stupid 3-4 scheme that he's often under.. but once healthy, I will assure you that you and others here will be a believer..

Atlanta game this year he was part of the reason julio jones got shut the f**k down that game AND made some fantastic plays. /conversation, you lose.

. checkmate.

lol rip dorsey who has never produced as a passrusher(doesnt even average a sack a season) yet dont even give a fourth round corner, on his rookie deal ,who has played well when given the chance a shot. potato gonna potato.

you're coming back to me with ONE game????

how was he part of the reason JULIO got shot down??

yeah he was, if you actually watched the games for once you would have recognized it. Secondly he played well most of this season when he had a chance. Was awesome during the rams game, made a couple of nice plays on megatron when we played detriot
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
oh geesh, does this mean we gonna end up cutting the WRONG player again???
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 8s9 seconds ago

CB Dontae Johnson went down with an apparent left knee/leg injury at the end of #49ers practice; needed help walking. Was playing right CB.

• thl408
That sucks about his injury. I was thinking he could push Brock for one of the starting spots.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 8s9 seconds ago

CB Dontae Johnson went down with an apparent left knee/leg injury at the end of #49ers practice; needed help walking. Was playing right CB.

That blows. Every time it finally appears he's finally going to be a starter, something happens. I hope it's not really serious.
Good thing it's the first week in June...really like DJ hopes it's not serious ugh
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 2, 2016 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
That sucks about his injury. I was thinking he could push Brock for one of the starting spots.

Yeah. He looked pretty solid his rookie year then fell off. Sucks. Hopefully one of the dudes Baalke drafted this year can step up. And Ward.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah. He looked pretty solid his rookie year then fell off. Sucks. Hopefully one of the dudes Baalke drafted this year can step up. And Ward.
I assumed the reason Acker won the spot over DJ last season was because DJ was a man coverage type of guy and that Acker was a better zone defender (and Mangini was rooted in zone concepts). Now that O'Neil and his man coverage scheme is in town, DJ should be a contender for more snaps. He flashed here and there with good break ups going 1v1 with Julio and Megatron last season when Acker was out.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I assumed the reason Acker won the spot over DJ last season was because DJ was a man coverage type of guy and that Acker was a better zone defender (and Mangini was rooted in zone concepts). Now that O'Neil and his man coverage scheme is in town, DJ should be a contender for more snaps. He flashed here and there with good break ups going 1v1 with Julio and Megatron last season when Acker was out.

Oh that makes sense. I just thought he was in the doghouse or because Tomsula.

limped off is better than carted off
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
DJ feelin the HEAT!!!

Ouuchhhhh.. i hurt my knee!! I hurt my knee!!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
limped off is better than carted off

Couldn't walk on his own though

Was hoping for big things from him.
DJ feelin the HEAT!!!

Celebrating when one of our own sustains an injury. Some kind of fan you are.
DJ feelin the HEAT!!!

awful post
Share 49ersWebzone